Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WASHINGTON — Grapes would be proud.

Ryan Shannon didn’t see Part I of Keep Your Head Up, Kid: The Don Cherry Movie, but he did steal a scene from the CBC production at Senators practice Monday.

Just like a tormented Cherry racked up his coach, Pat Egan, during an on-ice workout while a defenceman with the Springfield Indians in the 1960s, Shannon plowed into Cory Clouston while on a line rush.

In Shannon’s case, the jarring hit was accidental. Supposedly.

“That’s what happens when you scratch a guy once, he runs the coach,†Clouston joked. “I like that. It was a great hit. I didn’t think he would come at me, but he did. Little prick is pretty solid.â€

The struggling Shannon, who has had a seat in the press box for three of the last four games and will likely wind up with one Tuesday at the Verizon Center, played along when the media converged on him after practice.

“I’ve been out of the lineup for a couple of days and I just wanted the coach to know that I am ready to battle,†he said, straight-faced. “Maybe the best hit of my career. (Clouston) said something on the way down, in the form of expletive. He laughed it out after.

“I think I’ve got a meeting about going to Binghamton. I’ve got to go see the GM.â€

Finally, Someone Important Is Going To Live In Ottawa

by Ryan Porter

Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher are building a new home in the woods west of the capital.

Carrie Underwood has plenty on her plate just trying to train her Chihuahua Ace to perform ring bearer duties at her wedding.

Well, not to diminish the importance of training your dog not to eat your wedding ring, but Carrie and her fiancé, Ottawa Senators player Mike Fisher, have another project on the go that won't land them on America's Funniest Home Videos.

A source tells Pop Goes The News that the couple are building a new 4,000-square-foot home for themselves on the hundreds of acres of forest Mike owns west of Ottawa. The new estate will be near Mike's current residence.

With the increased time in Ottawa, Carrie is hoping to blend in more at Mike's home games. "The more I go to games, the more people are used to seeing me around and hopefully I'll just be one of the wives," she said, according to Showbiz Spy. That could be difficult. She's going to need a lot less talent and a lot more surgery.

I don't think there are 1000 fans in the building.

Alfie being interviewed between the 1st and 2nd periods about the magnitude of the game for him: "It's not really the best atmosphere out there."

Heard on the radio that there are still over 3000 playoff tickets available for the first home game. Pathetic.

Box score had the attendance at 11790. We know that doesn't always reflect the number of butts in the seats, but damn that's getting low!

Will the army rise again and come out to the games once the playoffs start?

ps - you coming to Toronto for TMB Ollie?

Edited by Guest

Box score had the attendance at 11790. We know that doesn't always reflect the number of butts in the seats, but damn that's getting low!

Just to be clear, last night's game was in Florida.

I don't think we'll be down for TMB, but when is the date again? I can't believe how bad this band is with updating their web site. All they have listed is June 4 Bell Centre. They could be playing the Ottawa area for all I know.

I highly recommend you catch at least one Trick show though. It's really, really good.

Just to be clear, last night's game was in Florida.

LOL ... then that's pretty damn good! :) I didn't even notice from the box score. D'oh!

I don't think we'll be down for TMB, but when is the date again? I can't believe how bad this band is with updating their web site. All they have listed is June 4 Bell Centre. They could be playing the Ottawa area for all I know.

I highly recommend you catch at least one Trick show though. It's really, really good.

May 29th (Saturday) They are the worst at updating their website or notifying people who are willing to spend money on their productions. Really odd business that they run. I got in an argument with their web person a few years ago.

Yes, I do want to catch this one once. Then hopefully they'll be back with a Black Show or TLLDOB again ;)

Obligatory Sens Content: ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE