Jambands.ca

zucchini?

meggo

this was very yummy, as Dave said we put a poached egg topped with salsa on top. You may want to add a bit more bread crumbs.

Makes 6 fritters

Total prep and cooking time: 30 minutes

2 1/2 cups grated zucchini

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 cup breadcrumbs ~ I use panko

1/3 cup finely minced onion

2 teaspoons chili powder or southwestern seasoning

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 cup flour

oil for shallow-frying

Make sure that the strands of grated zucchini are not too long - I usually cut a slice into the zucchini lengthwise before grating. Squeeze the zucchini to release extra liquid, and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the egg, butter, bread crumbs, minced onion, salt and chili powder. Mix well with a fork, so that all ingredients are evenly distributed.

Using wet hands, shape the mixture into six thin patties. Dredge each patty in flour, patting it to remove excess flour. You can prepare in advance up to this point and hold the patties on a plate in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap.

In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat enough oil to lighly coat the bottom of the pan. When the pan is hot, fry the patties in oil until a medium dark golden brown on both sides. Serve hot - for a tasty breakfast, place a poached egg on top of each fritter, and serve 2 per person.

I was buying some spicy hungarian sausage and pepperoni yesterday for mini pizzas from la bottega and some how managed to not bring it home.

So in my disappointment, I was looking through the fridge and saw a beet and a yellow zucchini. I had a flash thought to thinly slice them with the mandolin and arrange them on my pizza like I would pepperoni. The shit came out really good! They got that nice little carmelized edge on them and added a different experience to the mini pizza.

this was very yummy, as Dave said we put a poached egg topped with salsa on top. You may want to add a bit more bread crumbs.

Makes 6 fritters

Total prep and cooking time: 30 minutes

2 1/2 cups grated zucchini

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 cup breadcrumbs ~ I use panko

1/3 cup finely minced onion

2 teaspoons chili powder or southwestern seasoning

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 cup flour

oil for shallow-frying

Make sure that the strands of grated zucchini are not too long - I usually cut a slice into the zucchini lengthwise before grating. Squeeze the zucchini to release extra liquid, and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add the egg, butter, bread crumbs, minced onion, salt and chili powder. Mix well with a fork, so that all ingredients are evenly distributed.

Using wet hands, shape the mixture into six thin patties. Dredge each patty in flour, patting it to remove excess flour. You can prepare in advance up to this point and hold the patties on a plate in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap.

In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat enough oil to lighly coat the bottom of the pan. When the pan is hot, fry the patties in oil until a medium dark golden brown on both sides. Serve hot - for a tasty breakfast, place a poached egg on top of each fritter, and serve 2 per person.

I'm gonna make this tomorrow - sounds delicious!

We have tons of zuchini right now too. We shredded and froze a whole bunch of it, to be used this winter for chocolate zuchini bread (or for this recipe here!)

I recently tried cooking zucchini blossoms for the first time. I removed the stamens, then stuffed them with tomato, basil and bocconcini. I made a batter using 3/4 cup of flour mixed with 3/4 cup of soda water. Twist the blossoms closed, then batter and fry in oil. Awesome. We had them with a quinoa salad.

Food%20002.JPG

Food%20006.JPG

Food%20009.JPG