Jambands.ca

Gratefully Deadicated MIKE GORDON AFTER PARTY

hipsterave

Well I don't know how the diesel dog party went but Rory was killing it at the Lily Resto (there was one Foolish Heart maybe circa early 90's that just destroyed). And of course Gordo showed up and hung out for about a half an hour. I got to talk to him about this sheet music that exists of Neitzsche trying his hand at music composition, he's no Wagner that's for sure but it's really interesting that it exists and Gordo agreed. Everyone who wanted to press the flesh got their chance although I took off a bit early because it turned into a North Toronto and Camp Hurontario family reunion and I wasn't quite feeling it.

Camp Hurontario

I went there for a few years as a kid. Don't know anyone I went with though. Weird...

Anyways, I spent a brief 15 minutes or so and to be honest was not impressed with GDSS at all. Sure, he's got some great sounding GD in his archives, but I didn't see him interweaving jams or any of the claimed hype.

Anyways, good times....

No honestly it was pretty hot. There were some house remixes, well segued and blended tunes and unbelievable renditions on a big system in an otherwise toolish bar on College. Gordo at the back of the bar didn't hurt. I offered him a glass of red wine or a beverage and he said politely 'no I've had my two drinks' which I was really impressed by.

I've been seeing the Gratefully Deadicated Soundsystem for the past eight years and it always rocks me out!! Some technical issues at the begining, so you should've stayed around longer. I hope you come out to his next show and stay for more than 15 minutes...a true Dead fan would!! Peace to you.

I hope you come out to his next show and stay for more than 15 minutes...a true Dead fan would!!

so a true dead fan is measured by how long he/she listens to taped dead shows mixed together? just curious - I've always wondered how we measure these things?!!?