Jambands.ca

Differing opinions are a GOOD thing!

Basher

As most of you may know, I typically stay away from the so-called bullshit threads where people jump on top of people for posting an unpopular opinion. Sometimes it is sarcasm, other times it is not, and as many of you know sometimes it is really difficult to tell which is which.

All I want to express here is that differing opinions are a GOOD thing. Poor 6ftgroove gets attacked because he commended people for travelling to see shows. You know, not everyone does that. It is actually quite a foreign idea to most folks.

That being said, I'll lay a bomb on you folks. Those that know me already know this, but...

I can't stand Grand Theft Bus!

No sarcasm here. That's my opinion. I think they are terrible. They bother my ears.

Enjoy!

I agree, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. It's a double edged sword really. If you feel strongly enough to post what you think, better be ready to defend yourself because not everyone's going to agree.

Oh my lord, sounds like something Dr. Phil would say. Ok, smack me - i just stated the obvious.

"I typically stay away from the so-called bullshit threads where people jump on top of people for posting an unpopular opinion."

ya me too.. [Roll Eyes]

get a back bone and stand up for what you think. dont pussy foot your way around having an opinion by trying to say something sucks politely. just come out and say it!

like this "phish sucks end of storey"

[i'm laughing, it's okay, you can edit that back in, heehee]

you're way cuter than dr. phil.

and LOL, i don't *HATE* gtb, i just thought for the most part, the one and only performance i saw blew... although there were a few bits within that did get me dancing. based on that, and getting to meet some boys in the band (who seem nice) i'd be willing to give them another chance. i have a feeling that wasn't their best night.

*smirk* i wouldn't travel to vermont to see them though.

the musical stylings of the new deal and their resident keyboard plunker didn't really impress me though. kinda boring. ALTHOUGH, throwing martina sorbara into the mix does get them some points, she rules.

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

i don't *HATE* gtb, i just thought for the most part, the one and only performance i saw blew... although there were a few bits within that did get me dancing. based on that, and getting to meet some boys in the band (who seem nice) i'd be willing to give them another chance.

I made that mistake, twice! [Mad]

In all honesty(not like my first post,which was in jest)the word "sucks"(I know not used in this thread),but I am throwing my two cents in about this.....since were on the topic of opinions.

I really think that all this "[insert band]sucks" on these sites is gettin' old,I don't think I have heard or read (I guess) the word "sucks" this much since I was in grade school.If ya don't like a band then thats just fine,I could care less,but if your gonna have somthing to say about a bands show or talent,music etc, why not try to say somthing with some substance,even an explanation why it "sucks".

This isn't directed at anyone in particular,just I see that freakin word scrawled across both these sites all the time,somtimes just in fun or sarcasm,but more often as someone's opinion of what they thought of a show or a band.

Maybe its just me,but I am tired of reading that word with absolutley no explanation most of the time.

Again,not directed at anyone in particular,merely a simple question and my opinion.

Actually Dr. Phil would say something in his winging parochial tone like: 'What you are is a shoe with no laces, only you're a wing tip loafer or some kind of shoe that doesn't need laces, in which case what you need is a shoe horn- Are ya with me'.

quote:

Originally posted by kung:

Actually Dr. Phil would say something in his winging parochial tone like: 'What you are is a shoe with no laces, only you're a wing tip loafer or some kind of shoe that doesn't need laces, in which case what you need is a shoe horn- Are ya with me'.

Ha ha!!! You DO have a sense of humour Kung!!! Good one.

I think Dr. Phil is one of the worst things that has ever happened to television. I feel sorry for the people who rely on him to help them change their lives.

Funny how different people see the same "event" from different points of view. I saw SloCo a while ago and thought they were great, my friend left the bar wishing they'd get some new stuff. Both of us probably won't see 'em again for a while. Grand Theft Bus.... I'm biased. If you get to see 'em soon, listen for "bones" or any cover [Wink] tND.... I missed them. Maybe next time.

Chris Colepaugh and the Cosmic Crew are another band in Ontourio these days.... I'd recommend 'em. Has anyone seen 'em? Opinions?

Archived