Jambands.ca

NHL Trade Deadline

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*yawn*

This was a real snooze-fest trade deadline...

It is so hard to get pumped for NHL after what we saw in the Olympics... and thEn looking over the names today of people who were traded, the common fan may have known less than 10% of the players moved.

1 word to fix this (even if next to impossible):

CONTRACTION!

Contraction!!!

No way!!

With the TV results the game seen in the US it's only a matter of time until some big network signs a huge deal with the NHL.

Inner City in kids in LA and all over places such as Arizona and Louisianna are looking into hockey programs right now.

More teams is what the NHL needs. There will be a huge influx of US talent from the interest in the Olympic games.

Bettman will play off this popularity and I see the NHL becoming the 2nd or 3rd biggest sport in the US. It will pass NASCAR and basketball. Possibly even baseball.

I can hardly wait!

Contraction!!!

No way!!

With the TV results the game seen in the US it's only a matter of time until some big network signs a huge deal with the NHL.

Inner City in kids in LA and all over places such as Arizona and Louisianna are looking into hockey programs right now.

More teams is what the NHL needs. There will be a huge influx of US talent from the interest in the Olympic games.

Bettman will play off this popularity and I see the NHL becoming the 2nd or 3rd biggest sport in the US. It will pass NASCAR and basketball. Possibly even baseball.

I can hardly wait!

Post of the day :)

Here's something to discuss - the Calgary Flames, what are they thinking?

Unload Phaneuf’s contract

Unload Jokinen’s expiring contract

Sign Stajan for $3.5M x four years

Take on Kotalik at $3M for two more years

Take on Hagman at $3M for two more years

Take on Steve Staios at $2.7M for one more year

Re-sign Rene Bourque for $3.3M for long-term

Add an expensive back-up goalie for the rest of this season

So much for those trades to clear cap room. Your cap situation is fucked for the next few years and your team still sucks. Tell me if I'm missing something.

Here's something to discuss - the Calgary Flames, what are they thinking?

Unload Phaneuf’s contract

Unload Jokinen’s expiring contract

Sign Stajan for $3.5M x four years

Take on Kotalik at $3M for two more years

Take on Hagman at $3M for two more years

Take on Steve Staios at $2.7M for one more year

Re-sign Rene Bourque for $3.3M for long-term

Add an expensive back-up goalie for the rest of this season

So much for those trades to clear cap room. Your cap situation is fucked for the next few years and your team still sucks. Tell me if I'm missing something.

And to add to that, they are the Calgary Maple Leafs.

Add this to that, it was reprted (heard it on the radio) that Sutter wasn't interested in Kovalchuk because he wants "two way players," and Kovulchuk isn't one. For a team that can use any type of secondary scoring, you'd think they'd maybe have a different philosophy.

Calgary = sinking ship.

Add this to that, it was reprted (heard it on the radio) that Sutter wasn't interested in Kovalchuk because he wants "two way players," and Kovulchuk isn't one. For a team that can use any type of secondary scoring, you'd think they'd maybe have a different philosophy.

Calgary = sinking ship.

What does this have to do with NASCAR?

Guest Low Roller

I didn't verify this, but apparently with all the trades that the Oilers made, they now have 10 draft picks in 2010. That's a proper approach to rebuilding a franchise.

You probably could have added another one to that list if Souray wasn't injured (again) and gone for the season (again).

And what the hell are the Flyers thinking to not pick up a goaler yesterday???? Leighton and Boucher will not get them very far. In fact I am predicting they won't even make the playoffs now with that tandem. Hell, the PANTHERS shelled them for 6 goals last night....