Jambands.ca

Okay, I'm Confused. What or Who is BGH?

shainhouse

It's a band, a joke, a floor wax, and a dessert topping...

I like to think of BGH as our own little "band in an aquarium ", like those little sealed glass orbs you get, with water, plants, small creatures, etc.; you put them in sunlight, and watch the ecosystem live/die/mutate, as an example of how the earth's ecosystem works. (In other words, BGH is to music what sea monkeys are to biology; mind you, they play bluegrass music better than most sea monkeys...)

Aloha,

Brad

Picture the antithesis of all those crappy pop-star tv shows, then add

a french hillbilly in drag,

a sexy rhythm guitar player hiding under a near-perfect hairdo,

an underemployed Quebecoise Jimmy Herring-esque lead guitarist,

a true Kingstonian rock star and

an on-again-off-again percussionist (who often gets percussed);

and you'll have a general idea as to what they're all about.

Then again, you do have to see them for yourself- even the sound guy at Cafe Dekcuf has a BGH fave.....

quote:

Mr.Musicface that made me cry!

That's nothing - check this thread in a few minutes, now I gotta dig some picts out of my email...

The strangest part about that Bonsai Kitten thing is that I got it from a friend in an email that had a SERIOUS petition associated with it to PETA or whoever - like anyone could think that was real!

Back in a sec...

- M.

Okay, I found the email with the images, here's the original text that came with it:

quote:

"My sister-in law is from Oklahoma and has a slight accent. She has cats and when she lived in the south she would take them to the groomers and have what is called a Line Cut. To her a line cut is when all of the fur hanging down below the cat's tummy is taken off (because it gets matted or snarled).

When she moved to Chicago with my brother, one of the cats fur got all tangled up during the move so she took it in for a line cut. She was quite surprised when she heard the price as it was twice as much as it was down south. She confirmed with the groomer that he understood what a line cut was and he said "yes, I know what a LION cut is." It seems her accent came out sounding like LION not LINE and this is how her cat was returned to her.

She cried for a week...but not as much as the cat. It was November in Chicago and the cat needed all the fur it had."

- Gas in car to go to groomers $4.50

- Cat car carrier $32.99

- Grooming fee $80.00

- Getting the look from one seriously pissed off cat... Priceless!

And here's the poor bastard:

-

-

Whatdaya think - a new look for Dr. Hux perhaps? [Wink]

- M.

Guest Low Roller

Behind the Cake: A Sitdown Interview With Blue Grassy High

Who better than BGH? Nobody.

I had the opportunity to conduct a sitdown interview with Blue Grassy High in their palacial studio, secluded far away from the "Grass Heads" as they lovingly refer to their fans.

LR: So tell me, how is Blue Grassy High doing since the reunion show?

DaveO: After all the hype surrounding the big return... we're laying low, listening to what the fans have to say... After all, BGH has always been about the people... Well, that and world domination.

Booche: I have been pretty low-key (I never get the key right anyways, so who cares?). One can only take so much of the coke and hookers, even though I never par-took, I could only take so much of seeing Geoff drool all over himself. Life was getting pretty hectic, and I thought the whole 3 day 'breakup and reunion' may have been a touch too quick. As much as I love hanging out with those guys, I am still struggling with my addiction, and it is that much tougher when I am around them. Smarties ain't smart. So, I have bogged myself down in work and family life. I am trying to learn how to play a C chord, stuff like that.

Dr.Hux: Following the Dekcuf reunion show (which thanks to my legal team, was highly profitable for me personally) I retreated to my Estate, Pebworth House located in Stoke-upon-Trent - Wolverhampton, England...where with my Norweigian mistress Ingvild, we ate seal blubber, and reflected.

Booche: Geoff, why not tell the truth and not embellish it for once.

You STOLE one of my drink tickets then you went back to your apartment with some huge ditch pig you picked up (using lines like "baby, its really tough being a rockstar"). You watched Beauty and the Beast had lots of lubricated sex and then puked all over her.

LR: How have the dynamics of the band evolved since the break-up?

Van Whelan: You see...

Dr.Hux: Glen! I thought I told you - you could be in BGH if you stayed in the back

and didn't talk!

Just think of the problems we would have avoided if the other members of BGH

had've agreed to those terms when I let them join MY side project....

At this point the interview was postponed for a couple of hours while calm was restored.

The members of the band were forcibly seperated away from each other and locked in individual padded rooms.

I was told I was allowed one question per bandmember before the security guards would open fire on me.

Question #1

LR: Jay Sansilo once said on the Sanctuary "To have a reunion show i think the break up should be longer than a couple of weeks." How do you respond?

DaveO: hahahahahahaha! Funniest thing i've ever read. The next press release should be "Doofus from Hamilton fooled by internet joke".

Question #2

LR: Van Whelan, as "sometimes" drummer for Blue Grassy High, what do you think of the rest of the group?

Van Whelan: I heard it's lesbian dancers with beards...strange, but true.

Question #3

LR: Booche, can you feed the rumour-craving hate-mongering media some juicy tidbits regarding Dr.Hux that we can blow out of proportion and exploit in order to ruin his career?

Booche: Weak LR, really weak and cowardly........ Here is my comment: Give it a rest for once you fug sugs! And DON'T think you can post the sit down interview, and think I am not going to reply in that thread.........

Question #4

LR: Dr.Hux, the mandolin adds an extra depth to Blue Grassy High that seems to go missing in most other bands. What are your thoughts of the inclusion of a mandoline in BGH?

Dr.Hux: What's a "man-do-lin"....????????.......is it like a mini-guitar?!?!? (those things FREAK me RIGHT out..)

Question #5

LR: Bouche, how bright is the future for Blue Grassy High?

Bouche: Totally kaput! DaveO's debating leaving the country.....Geoff's running for office, I'm joining the military, and Andre's in re-hab...

That was all the time I was given to conduct this historic interview.

Catch Blue Grassy High at a decent club near you!

Here is their current tour schedule:

No dates have been announced

Thanks, Low Roller, your brand of high-quality investigative journalism is refreshing, given the chaotic whirlwind of rumour and never-endo innu-endo surrounding BGH.

When you end up doing the follow-up interview, though, could you ask them about The Skanks vs. BGH? Are there any more Skanks gigs planned? How does Booche feel about not being a Skank? Was his exclusion his idea, or The Skanks'?

Expiring minds want to know.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

When you end up doing the follow-up interview, though, could you ask them about The Skanks vs. BGH? Are there any more Skanks gigs planned? How does Booche feel about not being a Skank? Was his exclusion his idea, or The Skanks'?

Aren't we all Skanks deep down inside Bradm?

"How does Booche feel about not being a Skank? Was his exclusion his idea, or The Skanks'?"

Bradm, I think I can state with a fair amount of certainty, that your queries in regard to Booche, could be answered very simply, with a succinct and definitive:

Who fuckin' cares?

[Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

Aren't we all Skanks deep down inside Bradm?

True, but when the BGH boys strap on electric instruments, they become The Skanks; they define the epitome of Skanktity, relegating the rest of us, for whom achieving being described as merely "a Skank" is a worthy (but unattainable) aspiration, to wonder what it's like in the rarified atmosphere of the Skanky Stage.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived