Jambands.ca

New Dr. Dog Shame Shame...

PassedOutGuy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to listen to this album closely. Dr. Dog is definitely more on my out list than my in list. It's funny to me that buddies like Weirdness give Fruit Bats (which I think are the bee's knees) a glancing acknowledgement but defend Dr. Dog who strike me as fairly generic (particularly in concert). It may be that I hate their fucking frat boy audience that wandered in from an OAR concert. Definitely found at their last show that anyone actually in the know was far more impressed with the openers The Cave Singers. My two cents.

Definitely found at their last show that anyone actually in the know was far more impressed with the openers The Cave Singers. My two cents.

wtf does in the know mean?

speak for yourself

I LOVED their last show here at Lee's (but I'm no musical elitist creaming over a bunch of fruit bats)

Well in this case 'in the know' meant for me two musicians in prominent (one-ish) bands, one Soundscapes on College record store employee and our own Allison Billings whose literal estimation was that the Cave Singers stood out over headliners Dr. Dog (I want to say M said the same thing)- you have to remember I take straw polls at most shows and recognize alot of people from growing up in TO and covering concerts later in life, I keep my ear to the ground in a way that a casual showgoer doesn't (nor should they).

That shit happens all the time though, someone likes the opener more than the headliner or whatever it just happened more than a few people said that that night and I was pretty struck by them (Cave Singers) too. Also probably Dr. Dog has like 4 or 5 really good songs in their whole book (which is to say my personal favourites, which happen also to be alot of their diehard fan favourites) and they didn't play say the ones I was looking for. And the crowd bordered on a douchebag Of A Revolution concert (seek twattish concert footage indpendently).