Jambands.ca

What jerseys did you wear?

c-towns

Jack Kemp #15 Buffalo Bills from an uncle- it weighed about 4 lbs.:

31-98782-F.jpg

Didn't every kid our age have a Wayne jersey? Fuck even my brothers cabbage patch doll wore one that my grandma made:

135351c.jpg

By the time I could decide for myself what team I liked, I saw the Wings vs. Leafs at the Gardens and it was so intuitive for that age, but I just knew I hated the blue and white:

067.jpg

Junior hockey and lacrosse are huge in St. Catharines and I owned one of each of these, though I can't find a pic of the A's jersey:

464.jpg

stmajor.jpg

And last and certainly least:

51-25774-F.jpg

That Atlanta Flames jersey is sick!

My next door neighbor growing up was signed with them and also was drafted by the Canadiens.

Edit to add: Isn't it funny how people fluff their experiences: I just went to google him to find out how many games played, for whom etc. I come to find out the guy never played one game in the NHL- was only signed by Atlanta. Of course growing up he and his kid always said he used to be an NHL player, and used the money to buy his Arby's.

Didn't every kid our age have a Wayne jersey?

Pfft, I rock a Gretz jersey now.

The only wore NFL jerseys back in the day, although I bought my Mats Naslund jersey around 1987:

(Mine was an away)

Reebok%20NFL%20Equipment%20Minnesota%20Vikings%2081%20Anthony%20Carter%20Purple%20Tackle%20Twill%20Throwback%20Football%20Jersey.jpg

(Badams is going to loooooooove this for more than 1 reason)

31-98810-F.jpg

200911271773639546.jpg

Hockey:

Boston (#4)

Montreal (#22)

Toronto (#23)

The Leafs jersey is really the only one I wish I hadn't worn when playing street hockey. It was one of Eddie Shacks actual jerseys (string tie at neckline), I know my Uncle gave it to me, but I'm not sure how he ended up getting it. Needless to say, it took a beating.

Lacrosse:

Team Canada 1978 - they won the WFL Championship that year.

6 Nations (forget which team, circa 1975-76)

Football:

Edmonton Eskimos - no number.

I also had a lot of minor hockey & Jr. ones that I had traded for (US & other rep) when I played with the Hamilton Huskies (AA/AAA), Glanbrook Rangers (Jr.C) and short stint with Kilty B's (Jr.B)