Jambands.ca

Them Crooked Vultures - win tix

Kanada Kev

Another chance at grabbing free tix for this show:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/cgi-bin/EH/EventHandler.cgi?Actn=Entry_Form&Fnm=event693&User_ID=contests

1077_ad.jpg

WIN a pair of tickets to see THEM CROOKED VULTURES with ARKELLS and ALBERTA CROSS, May 15 at the Air Canada Centre!

$19.50 tickets just added!

For more information, click themcrookedvultures.com

Deadline for entries is Sunday, May 9 at 11pm. One entry per household.

Never heard of 'em! I entered though anyways.

Seriously? Them Crooked Vultures are a supergroup that delivers and their album gets better and more interesting (and Zeppeliny) as it goes.

seriously? you think it delivers? hmmmm. we've been on the fence about this show since it went on sale. complete bullshit that TO is an arena show when everyone else is getting clubs

Never heard of 'em! I entered though anyways.

Seriously? Them Crooked Vultures are a supergroup that delivers and their album gets better and more interesting (and Zeppeliny) as it goes.

seriously? you think it delivers? hmmmm. we've been on the fence about this show since it went on sale. complete bullshit that TO is an arena show when everyone else is getting clubs

I do think the album rocks, but the second half easily trumps the first. And the show will be killer given the pedigree of the band, whether you love the album or not.

complete bullshit that TO is an arena show when everyone else is getting clubs

They played a club date here already (my buddy went and said it was ridiculously oversold and was near impossible to get a beer ... face value was $75 or so). For this show, you can probably go down the night of and get in for $10 ;)

Their sound is big enough for an arena :)

maybe ill have to download their album after all, im not a huge fan of the singles on the radio but i do like the sound of a more zeppelliney sound

The singles are the weakest songs on the album. it's also a grower kind of record, especially the 2nd half.

Went to see this "supergroup" last night. I enjoyed the show very much.

When I first heard their album, I thought it a difficult listen, but eventually it grew on me. Some of the songs remind me of Cream.

The band, made up of Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl, and Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss (as well as guest guitarist/keyboardist Alain Johannes for the tour) played for two solid hours and really jammed out the tunes. The crowd, mostly 20-somethings (I felt old) really got into it - most dancing through the entire performance.

Dave Grohl is a monster behind the drum kit, Jones' bass playing is thunderous. He also played several other instruments - fiddle, keyboards, etc.)

One might expect such a band to trot out songs from their past. I was half expecting to hear "No Quarter", for example, but no. Towards the end of the show, Josh said "This will be our last song - we don't do covers, and we don't do encores".

There was no need - Them Crooked Vultures stand on their own.

If there are even scalpers out! Last night in Ottawa was PATHETIC as far as crowd size goes. Less than 1/3 full arena that even those large black curtains over the 300's couldn't disguise.

Good show, but not sure how I would have felt spending the full admission. I was lucky enough to win TWO pairs to the show yesterday so my thoughts on the night are seriously skewed....

I do have to mention that parking at Scotiabank is a FUCKING JOKE. If there are acres of empty parking lots, how can you justify still charging $11.

If there are acres of empty parking lots, how can you justify still charging $11.

if there are acres of empty parking lots, how can you justify spending $11.

glad to hear that people liked the show. we scored a pair of GA for tomorrow night and I'm looking fwd to it. should be fun. :drinks:

were there posters in ottawa?

I'd totally try to crack this show for cheap down at the ACC (family plans instead) since it's not even close to selling out here either.

That Ottawa Sun review sure makes it sound like a solid show http://www.ottawasun.com/entertainment/music/2010/05/13/13941856.html

They don't care how many they are playing to, but this sure is a sad face ;)

_JW21417.jpg

Edited by Guest