Jambands.ca

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

ollie

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

ronniediophoto.jpg

RIP Ronnie.

You were always my second favorite Sabbath singer, in that I never bothered to listen to any of your work with them. When I finally saw Heaven and Hell last year, I gotta say I thought all the songs were pretty poor, but always thought Sabbath = Ozzy.

That being said, as a solo musician you kicked a lot of ass with such tiny little feet. Remeber seeing Dio, with Yngwie Malmsteen and the Killer Dwarves and the whole day was a blast. Plus, in interviews you were funny as hell, and I often enjoyed them.

Stomach cancer seems like a brutal one, and folks say death is probably for the best in your case, so rest in peace, you wee little giant.

Back in the '90s, my friend wsa a VJ at the HMV Superstore at Yonge & Dundas in Toronto. I remember back at that time, I asked him who was the nicest star ever to come into the store for a performance or a autograph signing. He said nobody could beat Dio. He said Dio was very friendly, repectful to fans and strangers and seemed to remember everyone's name. Dio wouldn't leave the store until he said goodbye to my friend too.