Jambands.ca

Come Together Music Fest Labour Day Weekend

mark tonin

This year's lineup is looking good for the Labour Day weekend! For those of you on here that haven't seen it, here is the last Facebook message sent out by Mark Wilson re: the Labour Day weekend festival being held at Frontier Ghost Town:

Thanks very much for all the diehards who came out for the acoustic showdown ... it was nice hangin with you ... looking forward to seeing you all again on labour day.

Tickets for labour day will be availible at all the regular ticket locations by Wed or Thursday of next week ... the schedule for bands will be up on website next week as well.

Here is a partial list of performers to give you a taste of what is to to come:

Ultraviolet Hippopotamus

Fat Cats

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Days Of You

Diesel Dog

Blind Mule

Wax Mannequin

Must Stash Hat

Alfie Smith Duo

Caution Jam

Lynn Jackson

Lucas Stagg

Alan Pigguns

The Stand Up Guys

The First Pass

Tanya Philopovich

Will be giving you guys regular updates for this labour day weekend ... looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you there and making this an awesome way to end the summer of 2010!

MarK Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

Below is the latest Facebook message sent out by Mark Wilson about the upcoming festival. Lots of good music over the course of the weekend!

-----

Hey all

the big weekend is fast approaching..so I though I better get a schedule out to you guys

this is by no means set in stone..there will probably be some changes and tweaks...but it's pretty close to how things will be on the weekend..Looking froward to seeing you all there on the long weekend..gonna be a blast

Come Together Schedule Sept 2010

Friday Sept 3

Mainstage

7:00-8:00 The stand Up guys

8:00-9:15 The F holes

9:30-11:00 Diesel Dog

Saloon

11:30-12:30 Gruve

1:00-3:00 Mark Wilson& The way It Is

Saturday Sept 4

Mainstage

11:00-12:00 Stagger Lee

12:30-1:30 The Orphans

2:00- 3:00 The First pass

3:30- 4:30 Wormwood Scrubs

5:00-6:00 wax mannequin

6:30-7:30 Blind mule

8:00-9:00 Days Of You

9:30-11:00 Fat Cats

Saloon

11:30-12:30 Sonic shock

1:00-???? Must Stash Hat

Sunday

songwriters in the saloon

11:00-11:45 Mark Wilson

12:00-1:00 Lynn Jackson

1:15-2:15 Tanya Philipovich

2:30-3:30 Paul Macleod

4:00-5:00 Lucas Stagg

5:30-6:30 Jonny kerr & Sheri Dunn

7:00-8:00 blue buddz duo

Main Stage

1:00-2:00 The dishes

2:30-3:30 Light sweet Crude

4:00-5:00 Alfie Smith Duo

5:30-6:30 Snow Heel Slim

7:30-8:30- Ginger St James

9:00-10:00- The Done fors

10:30-12:00 Ultra Violet hippo

Saloon

12:00-1:00 Menno groove

1:30-????? Caution Jam

Hmmm... I think we decided that "The Orphans" are actually "The Strays"...but who knows?

Edit to add, either way (if I'm not mistaken...and one would think I should no...damn hippies) that 'band' is an acoustic ensemble of Todd and Dave from Fat Cats, Dan Walsh, and Ricky Neu from Diesel Dog and myself.

Edited by Guest

Hmmm... I think we decided that "The Orphans" are actually "The Strays"...but who knows?

Edit to add, either way (if I'm not mistaken...and one would think I should no...damn hippies) that 'band' is an acoustic ensemble of Todd and Dave from Fat Cats, Dan Walsh, and Ricky Neu from Diesel Dog and myself.

I think it is The Strays, at least for now. That's my understanding after speaking with Todd. Unless there is a different band called The Orphans? Or the band name has changed already? Or ... ? Damn hippies! ;):)

Peace, Mark

For those of you that haven't heard Edger sing you're in for a real treat! AND she's waaay nicer to look at than The Beard. :)

would like to go.......but we'll see!?!? DD on Friday is a real nice inticer, then the Stagger Lees would be a treat to start Sat off - a band that consists of a couple kids from the Good family and Mark Schnurr sitting in on mandolin. Then the Fatties Sat night......oh man I should be responsible.....but I don't really get along with that word.....we'll see.

Man - the beard was unhappy about a 1:30 timeslot a couple weeks ago......what's going to happen with a 12:30 start time - is Floyd going to be around to help old David Wilcox onto the stage!?!?

and don't stand near the stage or you might get puked on! Edger - you might want to make sure Todd sits next to him - he probably deserves a good puking on......or just wear an apron and goggles.

Edited by Guest

Duly noted Blurry. I've been saving my Sunday's best apron for the show anyways. Hope we see you there!

Didn't realize that the Stagger Lee's were Darcy Good's band. That's great news. Her late, late night contributions to our fire jam at Tottenham were smokin' good. What a great addition, and awesome way to start a day off at CTMF. Nice to hear that Mark (and Trish?) will be sitting in with them as well.

NewRider also happy to hear an endorsement from you for Wax Mannequin. I've been curious to hear him for years and its nice that opportunity is finally presenting itself.

Hey Sarah, super excited to get up there. I'm trying to convince my travelling partner to get on the road early so we can catch your new outfit. (For anyone who doesn't know Sarah has a beautiful voice)

Don't think I've seen Days in 15 years. I used to see them religiously in the early 90's. They were(and hopefully still are) friggin fantastic. Seeing the two bands together again will be a real treat/ I can only remember a couple of pairings at the Volcano and my very first Fat cat show, Halloweeen 92 opening for Days at the Serbian club in K-W. Time flies. Enjoy everyone