Jambands.ca

Roger Waters - The WALL Tour '10

Kanada Kev

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that Vera>Bring the Boys Back Home rocked me to the core too. That image of the young girl in the classroom smiling with her friends suddenly erupting with intense emotion as she was reunited with (presumably) her father was just too much. So goddam painfully beautiful. Chokes me up just thinking about it.

We got down to the floor and started looking for our seats in row 30 only to find out there was no row 30. It was lost to production space and we were upgraded to row 11. Amazing!!

Great show, I had an awesome time but maybe I was expecting too much for the $250 I paid for my ticket. The show definitely begged for David Gilmour at key moments. The guitar playing and Gilmour vocals were solid but didn't really transcend the feel of a cover band. For the most part this wasn't a problem but it held things back from going to the next level musically.

I also think Roger could have done a tasteful acoustic encore set to add a little more bang for the buck, and I don't think it would have detracted from the overall vibe.

Again, overall had a super time and would see the show again, but it's not without its warts. It was the weakest of the 3 Roger Waters shows I've seen. The other 2 are in my top 20 of all time though.

How was the volume for everyone? It could have been louder where we were.

How was the volume for everyone? It could have been louder where we were.

Started the show in Sec 101 and the sound was great......

After two songs the dudes next to us stood up so we did too, and it only last about half a song before a beefy dude who could only be described as the lost Beard Brother let us know if we didn't sit back down he wasn't going to be very pleasant.

During set break I sold our seats to some guys in the 300's and moved up there and took to some great standing room seats looking right at the stage. Thats where I really noticed how full the sound was. Great volume and every note seemed crystal clear.

That was my first Floyd experience and I thought it was superb.

Sounded great to me too in the 200s section.

Was that "homeless" guy on the floor before the show really Waters?

Completely blown away by last night's show, but for my money, the Dark Side of the Moon show in 2007 was a bit better - more of a varied song selection, and more band interaction. Still, Waters was in great voice last night.

The road crew certainly thinks very highly of Roger. It's quite a large crew and they say he has made a point of learning each of their names and finding time to get to know them all a bit. It's quite a large crew as you might suspect and a very grueling tour with the huge set.

I was a bit surprised as I thought he might have been much more of an introvert if not a prima Dona....

An interesting tidbit is that each of the bricks is a custom made piece of cardboard with foamcore tabs attached and costs $100.....there are I think 340 of them and are constantly being replaced because of wear and tear....

An interesting tidbit is that each of the bricks is a custom made piece of cardboard with foamcore tabs attached and costs $100.....there are I think 340 of them and are constantly being replaced because of wear and tear....

So I paid for 2.5 of them. It's nice to know where my money is going. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hard to believe it was a couple of months ago that I was lucky enough to experience this show. Some industrious tapers, shooters, and editors have put together a damn fine effort here to document the show. The following link allows you to stream the whole concert. Links are on the page for if you want to download it in high quality and burn to DVD for hightened enjoyment ;)

While nothing can compare to actually being there, this can at least give an idea of what it was like.

http://panicstream.com/video/thewall.html

cover.jpg

• 11 months later...

I think I'll go again.

Fri 01/27/12 Perth, Australia Burswood Dome

Sat 01/28/12 Perth, Australia Burswood Dome

Wed 02/01/12 Boondall, Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Thu 02/02/12 Boondall, Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Sat 02/04/12 Boondall, Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Tue 02/07/12 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena

The Australian Pink Floyd must be feeling the pinch.

• 2 weeks later...

got a decent pair for Toronto. Pretty much where I wanted for the price, 100 level, near centre (relative to stage) at $100 each. I got selected for all of the pre-sales that I had signed up for and the Toronto seats offered were $250 each plus plus plus. I laughed. Nothing like gouging the shit out of your fans during these boom times we're in.

In for Ottawa, I ordered the medium price tickets.

As for having to buy the tickets 7 months in advance, I suspect the promoters invest the money for that period of time before having to pay any major expenses. That's good for their bottom line.

20000 tickets at an average of $100 each = $2 million - even at 3% interest that's an extra 35 grand after 7 months