Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was an overdue apology from 11 years ago Booche:

DETROIT. Johan Franzén has been a wonderful breakthrough player in the NHL, has a newly written contract worth nearly 300 million [swedish Kronor] and is celebrated star of the Detroit Red Wings.

The paradox is that he now stands in the middle of the spotlight, where his biggest demons have always existed.

For there was a time when extreme shyness and stage fright was about to stop his whole career.

Then he ran and hid after the matches, when he skipped school lectures and paid team mates in Linköping for speaking in his place.

"The only place I felt safe was on the ice," he says.

Johan Franzén calls it sheer terror.

Few have known Johan Franzén's problems back home in Sweden and it is only now he has come past the worst fears.

'Here in the NHL you are, of course, thrown straight into it. There is no way out, so I had to try to work it through. And confrontation is what works best for all anxiety, "he says.

During his years in Linköping the players would give speeches in different contexts, but Franzen managed to always shirk his obligations.

"I would simply pay someone else on the team from my own pocket. I simply simply pay someone else on the team from their own pockets. I simply can't do it."

That he can now openly talk about it shows that he is well on the road.

"But it's still the case that I prefer to slip out of the locker room before reporters allowed into the locker room."

The extreme shame is why Johan Franzén received such a late breakthrough.

He was a star even during TV-Pucken tournaments in Småland, but when those responsible for the boy's team called afterward to invite him to a preparatory hockey school he turned them down.

In small Landsbro he had friends, family and security. In Myresjö a few miles away, he had the soccer team.

The same winter he scored an incredible 23 goals in just ten games in the Boro [hockey] team in Division III. The rumors spread over Swedish hockey.

Then something happened which is also relatively unknown and could have stopped the career of the then 19-year-old Franzen:

He skated into a referee in a game and got a year off from hockey.

"But we appealed and got it down to ten months," he says.

Guest Low Roller

Positive? At least we might have two real good top lines based on the way Gionta/Gomez/Pacioretty played and the potential shown by the Pouliot/Plekanec/Cammalleri line.

Negative? Oh PK... Two shitty giveaways pretty much guarantee that he's in Martin's doghouse. He didn't play a shift after that 4th goal. And Martin should be in Martin's doghouse for sending Eller out there on a PK in the 3rd.

For a while there I was excited that I stayed up to watch this game (I'm in the UK this week). But once Philly scored that 4th and 5th goal I realized that the lack of sleep will probably not be worth it today.

MONTREAL - The Boston Bruins claim the Montreal Canadiens played dirty tricks during a 4-3 home win Thursday, and even the Beantown media are taking pot-shots at their rivals.

The Canadiens are "a despicable and dirty little hockey team that loves to dish out nasty cheap shots, often from behind, often after the whistle," Boston Herald writer Stephen Harris said in a story published Friday.

He took issue with some of the hits doled out by the undersized but aggressive Canadiens forwards, accusing them of waiting until officials turned their backs before breaking out the stick-work.

The rough stuff prompted Bruins forward David Krejci to drop his gloves against Habs forward Michael Cammalleri. It was the first career fight for either player, and Cammalleri came away bloodied. Krejci admitted the aggressive play got under his skin.

"These little guys, they just play like that -- little elbows and everything, and it's hard for the ref to see," the Czech forward said after the game. "I just didn't like the way they do it, and I didn't like when they do it on me, so that's what happened."

The rough stuff began early in the game when Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban levelled Boston centre Brad Marchand to stop a first-period rush. Marchand was a little slow to get up, prompting an attempt at retaliation by teammate Gregory Campbell.

Campbell tried to shove Subban but the Toronto native was ready, flooring the centre with a forearm shiver that led to taunts from the Boston bench. Afterward, Subban said he was just doing his job.

"(Marchand) had just deked out two guys and I wanted to show him that he wasn't going to hang around in our zone," Subban told reporters. "It was a legal hit and they shouldn't have jumped me like that."

The Canadiens were unapologetic at Friday's practice when asked about the accusations of dirty play.

"Fine, " Maxim Lapierre said. "It just proves that we did our jobs well."

Then, taking direct aim at Krejci, Lapierre said: "Those comments come from a frustrated player who can't handle losing."

Veteran Mathieu Darche preferred a more light-hearted response.

"We're not playing checkers out there," he quipped.

The decades clearly haven't dampened the hate between these Original Six teams.

Meanwhile, the home cooking has come to an end for the Canadiens as they get ready for a seven-game trip that begins Sunday against Colorado.

Friday morning, they spoke of maintaining momentum and unity as they push for home-ice advantage in the playoffs.

"I don't want to exaggerate things but this could be a turning point for our season," Cammalleri said.

After Colorado it's on to Dallas on Tuesday, then Raleigh on Thursday to take on the Hurricanes. They'll spend Christmas in Montreal before moving on to Long Island, Washington, Tampa Bay and Sunrise, Fla.

The Habs hope to bottle up whatever they were drinking during their trip last Christmas, when they went 6-1.

First point, Hot Tube Time Machine?

Secondly, Boston Herald writer Stephen Harris? Pfft, he's nothing and can go fuck himself too.

Show me something where Les Brahs are actually doing what Milbury and this idiot are claiming. You cant. I watch every game. Again, here's all the evidence you need:

tumblr_ldjyun53My1qaznu4.gif

Guest Low Roller

Isn't this cute? Marc-Andre Bergeron thinks that he's too good for the Spengler Cup and that his imminent signing with an NHL team is more imminent than it was a month ago.

Guest Low Roller
Isn't this cute? Marc-Andre Bergeron thinks that he's too good for the Spengler Cup and that his imminent signing with an NHL team is more imminent than it was a month ago.

Bergeron is playing at the Spengler Cup, but unlike Glen Metropolit he's not even playing for Canada! He's playing for some team called Genf-Servette HC.

Great move in my eyes. It should pay off on Hammer and Spaceks legs let alone the much needed righthanded shot from the point. There's no way any Hab fan should have expected PK or Weber to be counted on more than they already have, which was already waaaaaaaay too much.

All for a 2nd rounder (and I think MattyC just told me a 5th on the phone as I found out about this)? Wicked. We'll see how it all plays out but for now I say "Way to go Goat!"

Guest Low Roller

The 5th pick is conditional. I'm guessing that it will be based on whether Wisniewski becomes just a rental or actually re-signs with the Habs for next year.