Jambands.ca

If you could change a rule in sports?

mister slippery

Im simply stating that this debate is old' date=' and science [strike']proves theorizes that the statement is incorrect.

Fixed that for you. Most of the indicators used for the rankings in that report are quantitative but a few are definitely qualitative and subjective in nature. You can't say that's a scientific proof, sorry. It's probably good science, it's probably good theory and I think you're 100% correct but its a study.

A) not talking about the report, talking about exercise physiology

B) studies done by people with Phd's tend to set the gold standard. Scientific proof/theory...what's the other option - Ad's references to unscientific articles that sensationalize core strength?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) not talking about the report, talking about exercise physiology

B) studies done by people with Phd's tend to set the gold standard. Scientific proof/theory...what's the other option - Ad's references to unscientific articles that sensationalize core strength?

A) "Mental skills: attentional, and emotional control" is an indicator you used initially, I don't give a rat ass who or where you got it, it's qualitative and subjective, therefore your statement about "proof" is overextended.

B) Ooooooooooh a Phd did it. Sorry there buddy. Phd's have never produced bad/biased data/papers/reports.

For the record, I think cricket players are way fucking better athletes than F1 drivers. Didn't have to think twice about it.

The multiple sustained intense athletic processes they perform in the cockpit.

which are? steering and braking?

answer this if you wish to get me to your way of thinking on this because i just don't see how the preparation part entails any sort of athleticism....at all. I know plenty of uncoordinated meatheads that can bench press a car, do 900 sit-ups and run on a treadmill for 30 minutes.....these guys are NOT athletic but beyond these things i fail to see how the driver of a car is athletic.

I'll answer that question when I get home from work Schwa. And yes, it's harder to be an F1 driver than those other sports pros for many reasons, the easiest being that there are only 24 drivers on the grid on Sundays. Many many more opportunities to be a baseball player. There are other reasons but that one is easy.

Back to work for a bit.

I'll answer that question when I get home from work Schwa. And yes, it's harder to be an F1 driver than those other sports pros for many reasons, the easiest being that there are only 24 drivers on the grid on Sundays. Many many more opportunities to be a baseball player. There are other reasons but that one is easy.

Back to work for a bit.

[color:blue]Here's how to become an F1 driver

Get involved with karting at a young age. Most Formula 1 drivers begin their racing careers behind the wheel of a kart by the age of ten. Find a list of tracks in your area that are sanctioned by the World Karting Association, the authority for karting in the United States.

Attend racing school. Reputable racing schools offer multi-day classes at tracks throughout the country. Learn the basics of handling a more powerful open wheel car.

Move to Europe as a teenager. Get a ride in Formula 3 or Formula 3000. While a few drivers who honed their skills on the American circuits have successfully made the move to Formula 1, there is a much greater chance of success if you climb the racing ladder in Europe.

Race hard and move to teams that offer a greater chance to finish on the podium. Attract the attention of a Formula 1 boss by performing consistently well in the lower levels. Find a good agent to help promote you and capitalize on your success on the track.

Become a test driver for a Formula 1 team. It is preferable to start Formula 1 racing, but some current drivers first honed their skills as test drivers-developing race strategies through endless test laps as they learned the nuances of each track on the circuit.

Find funding to support your campaign. Smaller teams with more precarious funding consider taking a driver who brings sponsorship to the team.

A) not talking about the report' date=' talking about exercise physiology

B) studies done by people with Phd's tend to set the gold standard. Scientific proof/theory...what's the other option - Ad's references to unscientific articles that sensationalize core strength? [/quote']

A) "Mental skills: attentional, and emotional control" is an indicator you used initially, I don't give a rat ass who or where you got it, it's qualitative and subjective, therefore your statement about "proof" is overextended.

B) Ooooooooooh a Phd did it. Sorry there buddy. Phd's have never produced bad/biased data/papers/reports.

For the record, I think cricket players are way fucking better athletes than F1 drivers. Didn't have to think twice about it.

Why so defensive then? Phd's add credibility, if nothing else. Dont know why your so hung up on it.