Jambands.ca

If you could change a rule in sports?

mister slippery

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your interpretation trumps the interpretation of a panel of sport scietists from the US olympic committee?

In this case yes, sure, why not. Any panel that puts softball ahead of rugby, lacrosse, water polo, x-country skiing, steer wrestling, distance cycling, racing, swimming etc has its collective head up its ass.

Didn't see cricket make the list either.

I gave you numbers and actual science behind the athletes - you quoted somebody's link to an ESPN article of strange figures. Great debate.

(It probably goes without saying that without knowing what kind of racing they evaluated it's not much of a barometer of their analysis of F1)

I quoted a link to ESPN? I put the development guide up first, dont forget. I got it from a textbook. On exercise science. But whatever you say man, your obviously the expert here. Im sure the world of people who have dedicated their life to understanding sport and athletics will be happy as shit to know that AD has begrudgingly accepted decades worth of work as somewhat legit.

F1 - underrated perhaps. But give it a rest already. Your wrong, just accept it.

Edited by Guest

I quoted a link to ESPN? I put the development guide up first, dont forget. I got it from a textbook. On exercise science. But whatever you say man, your obviously the expert here. Im sure the world of people who have dedicated their life to understanding sport and athletics will be happy as sh!t to know that AD has begrudgingly accepted decades worth of work as somewhat legit.

F1 - underrated perhaps. But give it a rest already. Your wrong, just accept it.

Yes - a 'universal standard' as you put it. What was the 'development guide' that you posted? The weird table with numbers about cricket players? That's from a textbook?

I'm not sure your textbook with its decades of work is of much relevance. Racing today is much different than it was in the past. As are most things. Does it really have a chapter about modern F1 racing?

That line about 'people who have dedicated their life to understanding sport and athletics' - have you tried to understand anything I've written here in defense of drivers? Or are you dismissing it out of hand because your textbook favours cricket?

And no, I don't think I'm wrong. Maybe a bit too enthusiastic but I certainly know what I'm talking about here. And all you're saying is 'no, you're wrong' without backing anything up. Has anything I've written here about F1 drivers and their athletic abilities been debunked?

I've always enjoyed this little link during discussions such as this. Take from it what you will...

Sports Skills

Here is how the top 10 sports are ranked..

---list---

Exactly. This is what I was doing with F1 and Cricket. Punk - these aren't my rankings' date=' its the universal standard.[/quote']

Just for the record, I love F1 for the speed, the tactics, the athletic intensity displayed, the personalities, the technology, the travel, the international flavour, the noise... It's a good mix of lots of good things. (And some bad things, like every sport.)

Gravity sports (skiing' date=' diving, luge / bobsleigh / skeleton, etc) - are these sports?[/quote']

The latter three are more in-lines with auto-racing.

And diving, I would argue, is similar to figure skating (what with the judges and all). But downhill skiing is definitely a sport.

Hamilton - apply downhill skiing to your paragraph earlier where you detailed why you don't think auto and horse racing are sports.

Gravity is not a man-made machine. And it has an effect on every sport; it's not like you can realistically play *any* sport and not have it affected by gravity.

Edited by Guest

seems like no one agrees with you, AD....except for peipunk, and he's a worthless bandwagon jumper.

You miserable twunt... AD is clearly the underdog here! Actually I don't even know WTF the argument is anymore. I think auto racers are right good. The rest of you can GFY.