Jambands.ca

Prince @ Metropolis

Velvet

I am little pissed off that nobody posted anything about these shows BEFORE the tickets went on sale. I might have given going to this some serious thought. I've never been to Montreal during the jazz festival and to see Prince at the Metropolis will be outstanding, no doubt.

I read this thread around 3pm and by that time, tickets were sold out. Ah well, I'm saving lotsa money.

You can blame me. I found out just before they went onsale and I emailed/phoned folks who I figured might be interested knowing there was a tiny window for folks to get tickets.

I mean, look at who you are dating. How was I to know to get a hold of him?

;)

The way it's presented on the jazzfest site is it was a last minute addition (such that his first show is actually the day before the fest starts). I got the message from Booche (thanks dude!), immediately logged on agot tix, and my next act was to post here.

Sorry to those that got shut out, but with the money you save you could rent a nice little cottage for the weekend!

What scares me is whether or not to shell out more money for Marc Ribot before Prince. Not to mention the potential skyrocket hotel prices. I hope to gawd I won't have to drive back after the show!

Yeah, it's OK. I'm fine. I blame Prince (not Andre...he probably thinks that I only listen to heavy metal).

For hotels, it you're not into luxury and such, try this place: http://www.hotelcentreville.com/index.asp

I just checked and they have room available this Saturday, for $99 a night.

I've stayed there many times because the Spectrum (RIP) used to be one block away. The hotel is nothing fancy at all, rooms need redecorating, and there's no room service or anything like that, but there's a kitchen so just bring snacks with you. And the place is clean and they have underground parking at an extra cost (probably around $20).

I've also stayed at this place ( http://www.hotelsaintandre.ca/ ) which is $98 a night and closer to Metropolis but my car was broken into there and druggies were hanging out in the parking lot...not a safe area of Montreal.

Velvet posting as phorbesie here...

To any and all in Montreal for the Saturday Prince show, shall we meet at Club Soda sometime before 7pm for the following free show to kick things off?:

The Unsettlers

They’re a musical carnival, unspooling cabaret and joyously funereal folk rock songs. A modern troupe well versed in the Beat Poetry vibe and the spinetingling atmosphere of a haunted circus. These spiritual children of Tom Waits play with a joyous rage, bring in a contortionist and deliver onstage revelry to wake the dead.

Velvet posting as phorbesie here...

To any and all in Montreal for the Saturday Prince show, shall we meet at Club Soda sometime before 7pm for the following free show to kick things off?:

The Unsettlers

They’re a musical carnival, unspooling cabaret and joyously funereal folk rock songs. A modern troupe well versed in the Beat Poetry vibe and the spinetingling atmosphere of a haunted circus. These spiritual children of Tom Waits play with a joyous rage, bring in a contortionist and deliver onstage revelry to wake the dead.

Please leave your role playing off the board.