Jambands.ca

Fat Cats done?

Jay Funk Dawg

Thanks everyone. I guess I speak for the band when I say thanks to all of you. It's been a great 9 years for me and I'm sure it's been an even better 20 years for Todd, Gatch and Dave. I opened for the band at the Volcano in KW back in 1994 and was amazed by their music then. It gives me great pleasure to say that I was part of the Fat Cats. I hope there will be some sort of Fat Cats get together down the road. But for now, new adventures are being explored. Keep on keepin' on. It's been a slice.

Stay tuned....

Frenchy

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah I've been hesitant to speak on this whether personally or on "behalf of the band". I think the uncertainty and discomfort that comes from closing such an important chapter in their lives in part contributes to why they have chosen not make a big "final" deal out of their final show. The "unofficial" official word is that they are packing it in. I do not know what this means for the future. I am confident that the boys will continue to play music, just not so sure about the shape or form or who that might entail. Twenty years is a real long time...and its difficult to keep it fresh, real, energized, etc without feeling pressured by other's or one's own expectations, etc in the midst of day jobs, families, different priorities and geographical distance. Although it brings me great sadness to see an end of an era I am excited by the potential opportunity and magic that can come forth from space, time, and tentativeness.

I guess I'm guilty of taking the bands I love that've been around for so many years for granted. I'm so sorry that I didn't make the extra effort to see the beloved Fatties when I had the chance - like that last Toronto show for example, where I probably could've made it, but knew I had a big day the follow day so decided to go home after work instead! Oh well, that'll teach me...maybe. Anyway, The Fat Cats have been an integral part of my ongoing "jamband love" and I'm just hoping there's sporatic reunion shows to look forward to...please?!? ;)