Jambands.ca

Will DSO in T.O. sell out?

Rary8

I'm curious to check these guys out one day. Mostly because I have always found cover bands so f'ing depressing... I 'kinda' expect I'd find DSO to be the granddaddy of depressing cover bands but they are sooo popular that I'm fully curious! That said, I did go to loads of Dead shows in hopes of getting 'that' first Pine Knob experience..which I never realy did. So if every performance is stellar...mayyyybe...mayyybe not...

I can't believe they won't sell out... First time in TO, etc etc. I have friends going who haven't been to a "jamband" type of gig since I'm not sure when. Q107 is pushing this thing, too - but that might also be a sign of desperation!

I'll take Basher's word (inside scoop) though, for sure. Must be UM in town a few weeks before or something.

I can't believe they won't sell out... First time in TO, etc etc.

Yeah, well Toronto is not California. Dead/jam music still attracts good crowds in California, well, at least it did 10 years ago. I saw New Riders in Toronto probably 8 years ago or so and it was a very small crowd. Further in Ottawa a couple years ago?...sad attendance, as was Widespread Panic.

I can't believe they won't sell out... First time in TO' date=' etc etc.

[/quote']

Yeah, well Toronto is not California. Dead/jam music still attracts good crowds in California, well, at least it did 10 years ago. I saw New Riders in Toronto probably 8 years ago or so and it was a very small crowd. Further in Ottawa a couple years ago?...sad attendance, as was Widespread Panic.

I don't think Bluesfest gigs, let alone Ottawa gigs are appropriate to put up to standalone shows in a major city with promotion.

If the toronto show doesn't at least have half the seats filled I wouldn't expect to see those buses cross the border again.

Numbers are pretty important when you tour with a transport truck, staff and two busses.

Absolutely. Was just trying to focus on what I think the plusses of this show will be which would hopefully entice some fence sitters and translate into more numbers. I'm personally thrilled with many of the acts that Danforth has been bringing in lately and it would be real nice if these bands felt it was worth coming back again. Numbers, vibe, reception and all

Is Fake Jerry still in DSO or did they find someone to cop his parts?

Like "real" Phil?

DSO

As our six guys and girl continue a rip roarin’ West Coast tour, one of the highlights had to be the second of two nights at San Francisco’s legendary Fillmore, where Phil Lesh joined DSO for the entire first set on Saturday