Jambands.ca

OFFICIAL VINYL THREAD

RobL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes - Live At The Greek is being released for Record Store Day, that should be a gooder for you freaks...

naw they keep repressing that thing. I had the original 5+ years ago. Keeps getting re released.

RSD was a mild success for me. We didn't wake up super early so most of the really limited stuff was gone by the time we arrived a little after 9.

I scored Spoon, The Civil Wars and Springsteen from the actual RSD offerings; but my shop ( Grooves - London ON - check it out!) had a sale on back catalog stuff too so I was happy with discounted Jimmy McGriff, Little Feat, Belle and Sebastian, Weakerthans, Huey Lewis, Arcade Fire and Van Morrison.

I got out of the shop having only spent half of my budget.

RSD has jumped the shark a bit; the shop owner told me the first 4 people in line were there together at 5am and that they were probably ebayers as he had never seen them before and that they were organized in their purchases.

If anyone sees the Sam Cooke or Donny Hathaway around, I will trade or buy them from you.

Edited by Guest

RSD has jumped the shark a bit;

Well there's the understatement of the thread. When I read reports of stores selling 25 copies of the RSD reissue of the Ghostbusters soundtrack by 10:22 AM, I think it's safe to say the shark is fully jumped.

25 copies of the fucking Ghostbusters soundtrack in 22 minutes. That's dollar bin fodder every other day of the year.

Just so much gimmicky bullshit every year now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...