Jambands.ca

So, who put their mail order in today?

Velvet

Robert Hunter Interview in Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/robert-hunter-on-grateful-deads-early-days-wild-tours-sacred-songs-20150309

By the way, while I am ecstatic to be "in the building" for all three nights, its hard not to be overly fixated on this thing given I am still in limbo.  No email, no rejection letter, no official update.  Some "bounced back" winning emails are still trickling out.  Rejection letters still seem to be slowly trickling out.  But it appears there are still quite a few still sitting here in limbo. Coming up two months since I sent those money orders off....Regardless I am STOKED to be a part of this whole ordeal, warts and all.

We're going! Booked a place and the train the day it was announced. Just struck out on mail order and ticketbastard. Disappointed for sure but always wanted to see Chicago anyway. No doubt we will spend some time down at the show looking for what would be a real miracle ticket but there should be no shortage of fun and interesting things to check out.

Oh man. That's great to hear! I'm still in the dark being all perfectly zen patient like of course. Curious do you happen to know what their batch # was? From what I can piece together it seems the alleged bounce back emails are going up thru the batch numbers sequentially as well

Sorry jay funk,

No links to anything specific. We ended up renting the main floor of a decent semi mid town. Split with friends much cheaper than a hotel. Used a site called AIRBNB. Also checked out VRBO but AIRBNB seemed to have more options in Chicago. I'd think that both hotels and rentals might open up as those without tickets bail on the trip. Good luck with your search! ( somehow I think mine will be more difficult :).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's only the 2nd of June, but tix are supposed to mailed out this month.

I've been in China for the past week and don't come home until the 26th.

I can't access my gmail account here, so have no idea if emails have been sent out regarding the mailing of tickets.

I still have no idea where my seats are located, when the tickets will be sent out, etc.

It's one month today that the fun begins in Chicago.

Has anyone heard anything recently from GDTSTOO ?

I'll be in a major panic if I get back and there's no envelope waiting for me.

Having said that, is anyone going to the Weir World "pre-shows" at City Winery with musical host Jonathan Wilson?

My plan was to hit up the DSO show on July 2nd, but the City Winery event looks like a lot of fun !!

http://weirworld.citywinery.com/

There's way too much going on that weekend 

yeah, apparently the tickets have begun mailing out, but may not be the tickets that you expected!

people are reporting that they received 300 levels when they paid the 100 level price, or receiving 400 levels when they paid the GA pit price.

i really hope we get the tickets we are supposed to get! 

yeah, apparently the tickets have begun mailing out, but may not be the tickets that you expected!

people are reporting that they received 300 levels when they paid the 100 level price, or receiving 400 levels when they paid the GA pit price.

i really hope we get the tickets we are supposed to get! 

Same here, after sending in over 3K CAD !

Guest Low Roller

If anyone is looking for something to do while in Chicago, I would highly recommend going to the Adler Planetarium's Grainger Sky Theater to see North America's only 8K digital projection dome. It's an absolutely stunning 21m dome using 20 military grade projectors, each boasting a 1,000,000:1 contract ratio. Dark is fucking dark.

The Adler Planetarium is located just down the street from Soldier Field, so if you strike out on scalper tickets, or need to kill some time in the area, it's a quick walk from the venue.

Guest Low Roller

A friend in Toronto received an envelope from GDSTOO with a sticker from Canada Post saying that their mail had been tampered with. All of the mailout was there - EXCEPT the tickets! They aren't sure what to do just yet.

That sucks so very much.

A friend in Toronto received an envelope from GDSTOO with a sticker from Canada Post saying that their mail had been tampered with. All of the mailout was there - EXCEPT the tickets! They aren't sure what to do just yet.

I paid the $35 USD to have my tickets sent by priority mail.

Guessing that your friend wishes they had done the same.

I wasn't taking any chances with over 3 grand worth of tickets.

Still don't know if mine have arrived yet ::sigh::

I hope you get the tickets you were supposed to get too. Seems like that latest kerfuffle was due to good intentions but don't really get why they wouldn't give people the heads up on that...maybe it would have just compounded the chaos at the time the mail order frenzy was rolling out. Haven't received my ticketmaster order yet but that appears to be the same for others I know that we're lucky enough to get through that route. Can't believe it's less than three weeks away!!

I think those city winery shows will be great with some tasty surprise sit ins. Jonathan Wilson appears to be well respected and connected. Not in the cards for me...full plate musically as us. July 4th post show remains up in the air to see where the four winds blow us