Jambands.ca

Top 10 bands that should reunite

cANDYmAN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list would include:

1. Max Webster (assuming the players can pull it off; a friend saw a MW gig several years ago [mid-90s] and said the keyboard player was pathetic)
  2. The Dixie Dregs (c'mon, Mr. Morse: stop playing bad metal for good money and get back to what we really want to hear you do!)
  3. The Mahavishnu Orchestra (yes, I know Shakti is doing good stuff, but there's a whole generation which has never heard TMO stuff live)
  4. The James Gang (raw, twisted, rock'n'roll)
  5. Jeff Beck's "Blow By Blow" band (apparently Beck has done some stuff recently with the "BbB" drummer, Richard Bailey, but it's yet to surface [Mad] )

Aloha,

BRAD (Bands Reuniting After Disbanding)

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Yeah, my vote goes to Genesis too. But Phil's gotta stay behind the kit.
[big Grin]

Nah, Genesis in the Trick Of The Tail era with Steve Hackett would be the best - although I still think a reunion with the classic 3-piece line-up (Collins, Banks, Rutherford) is most likely whenever Phil gets bored of writing friggin' Disney soundtracks and boring A/C pap.

The Police would be AMAZING to see, although I think it's unlikely based on some resent comments I've heard in Sting interviews.

But lets face it, the reunion we all want to see is really Loverboy!

-

The kid... is HOT tonight!

Peace,

Mr. M.

I just thought of one we (that is, the folk who hang out on the Cavern) might actually be able to make happen: The Freeway Band. I've heard a lot about this band, and heard bits of their stuff, but I want to see them live, up close, and personal.

Aloha,

Brad

brad wrote:

quote:

I just thought of one we (that is, the folk who hang out on the Cavern) might actually be able to make happen: The Freeway Band. I've heard a lot about this band, and heard bits of their stuff, but I want to see them live, up close, and personal.

I know Beau Dixon from that band and he has a solo project I believe. That dude is a killer musician and has a kick ass voice.

I saw them back in 92 in Montreal when i was at school, and they were a great band...I think i have their cd/tape somewhere...always wished they had a slightly better guitar player...mind you he was no slouch...

The Talking Heads gets my vote as well. Although that will NEVER happen- although we should never say never. The book that's come out recently spells out pretty plainly the acrimony between Byrne, Frantz and Weymouth. One should never give up hope though as officially they always said they were on hiatus. Doesn't David say in Stop Making Sense that when the world needs them again they'll return- maybe that's just his christ complex talking.

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

brad wrote:

quote:

I know Beau Dixon from that band and he has a solo project I believe. That dude is a killer musician and has a kick ass voice.

I saw them back in 92 in Montreal when i was at school, and they were a great band...I think i have their cd/tape somewhere...always wished they had a slightly better guitar player...mind you he was no slouch...

Yeah, Beau is doing his own thing (with and without an outfit called "King Cordova", last time I checked), and the guitar player from tFB, Mike Hopkins, fronts a band called "The Formula", which is definitely worth checking out; he usually does one or two Freeway Band tunes at Formula shows.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by insta-gator:

i'd have to say pink floyd but only if there is good acid around. no sense wasteing a reunion show/tour like this if there aint good acid.

Actually if you want an "it will never happen", this is the ultimate one, at least if you're talking about a Floyd reunion with Rogers Waters involved. Even in their low-key British manner, Waters and Dave Gilmour are barely able to conceal their absolute contempt for one another any time I've ever heard either speak about the other in the years since the break-up. Plus the fact they were on either end of a huge lawsuit, that probably doesn't make for playing friendly either. This one's about as likely as The Band getting back together with all the guys including Robbie Robertson, maybe even less so.

Talking Heads would definitely be a cool one to see.

- M.

quote:

Originally written by Tom Harrison of The Province:

For a few short years, Spice Girls were huge. Their records actually were good...

Hmmm... I missed that one.

Yea, Floyd would be awesome but unlikely. Maybe we could take a pass on Waters and bring Sid Barrett back to join them. I heard that he can actually tie his own shoes now.

Archived