Evolve 4 "Ottawa Premiere"

Fundraiser "fire relief"

Sunday February 15th

Babylon Club

Ottawa, ON

9pm movie

11pm music (2 sets)

$8 cover

Nugget Productions will be donating $1 a head to the "fire relief fund" and the good folks at Babylon have agreed to match that donation.

I am open to any other fundraising ideas anyone wants to implement for this evnent. Silent auction items and a 50/50 draw would all be good ideas.

Anyone who wants to help with this can send an email to ottawajams@hotmail.com

giver

• 3 weeks later...

I was really happy at the turnout last night. There were more people than I thought would have shown up on a Sunday night, and it seemed like the crowd was a good mix of BNB fans, and people from outside the usual jamband-fan circles.

It was also the best BNB show I've ever heard. (Note, however, that I didn't start seeing them until 2002 or so.) They did some seriously menacing jamming, laid down some very funky stuff (including a nicely up-tempo "They Love Each Other", and a perfectly executed "Have A Cigar"), and got people up and dancing.

Between this show and the madness that was JSB at Dekcuf, I'm starting to feel more hopeful about jammy shows in Ottawa...he said, hopefully...

Aloha,

Brad

That was a VERY fun sunday evening!

The Burt Neilson Band was a blast. I was very happy to be able to see them again.

The Evolve concert film sounded great in there. I heard that it was a 'condensed' version. Is that true?

There were a couple of performances that didn't last any longer than five seconds which didn't seem right. For example...Recipe From a Small Planet. A label came on the screen introducing them, and there was a distant shot of the stage, and the film moved on to a performance by some hip hop dudes.

Burt was absolutely fantastic, and I blame it on the Strat!

Seriously, when is the last time you remember Mike playing anything other than the yellow SG?

The Strat had him clean up 'real good' and I felt it gave each of them an opportunity to hear one another a bit better than the past few times I have seen them. There was some tech troubles after the third song or so, but the boys thanked us for our patience by delving in deep. Some "serious delving" at that!

I thought the Dont Do It > They Love Each Other combo was perfect...............well, it was for me. Excellent choice of covers, and a double encore (yes, a true double encore) of The Bench and Jack Lumber capped of a wonderful night.

Good stuff Burt, nice to hear you back!

(By the way, great seeing all you people out. Did you have any idea we could all have that much fun on a Sunday? [Wink] )

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Burt was absolutely fantastic, and I blame it on the Strat!

Seriously, when is the last time you remember Mike playing anything other than the yellow SG?

The Strat had him clean up 'real good' and I felt it gave each of them an opportunity to hear one another a bit better than the past few times I have seen them. There was some tech troubles after the third song or so, but the boys thanked us for our patience by delving in deep. Some "serious delving" at that!

I agree: Mike's guitar sound (including the tone, and the way it "punched through" the mix so prominently, but not overwhelmingly) was awesome. I blame the combination of the Strat and Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue amp.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, I axed about the CD, but it's not ready yet. They still have to mix in the strings [Wink]

However, in the meantime, Jeff dropped me a show to put online here, so expect to have that very soon.

geezuz that was one fun friggen sunday! I came to work monday at noon...VERY foggy.

Sounds like Ottawa was good times! Happy to hear it was a blast. Sad that it was on a Sunday... I would have loved to have seen all you folks!

The London show was lovely... "They Love Each Other" was my personal fave of the eve.

I, too, cannot wait to hear the new Burt album!

[Razz]

Archived