Jambands.ca

i'm REALLY sad...

jon.

To Bones and The DSO Family,

My deepest sympathies in your time of grief. I have walked the miles of a missing father, best friend, classmates, and many others gone before- but the joy that those people brought to my life will require a much longer journey.

May you find solace in your friends and family that still share the path with you.......

Sean

"No one's death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humaneness."

~Hermann Broch

my friend and brother from DSO's crew died last night.

Chub was my roomie a lot while on the road

he was a super AWESOME guy, who was overly kind and generous when you got to know him.

he was all set to move from San Fran up to the Kootenays

he leaves behind a young, beautiful wife and 2 great girls

Chub was a master sound tech...he worked for the Grateful Dead for 10 years, Dave Matthews Band for about 5 years and DSO for almost 2 years

from the DSO website:

GLENN "CHUBBY" CARRIER

Oct 20, 1951 - Feb 1, 2004

We have very sad news to report. Our dear friend and monitor soundman, Glenn "Chubby" Carrier has passed away after falling ill while on tour. Our deepest sympathies go out to his wife and children. Glenn was a master soundman on the jamband scene working with bands like Dave Matthews and the Grateful Dead before joining DSO a couple of years ago. His death is a devastating blow to our group. He lived among friends and was loved like a brother; we will miss him more than these words can expess. Godspeed, Chubby.

-

Cameron (FOH) on left Cubby (Monitor sound) on right

Archived