Jambands.ca

it's 2:30am and no ones mentioned PHISH onSNL

zimmerman pt3

ok, Al Gore burned my posse out quick! He's stiffer than a.... [Confused]

PhishX3 was more than i could ask for!!!![big Grin]

Contact was sweet. however the "drop into the dorm room" was WAY too reminiscent of the Aerosmith+Wayne's World skit. [Roll Eyes]

46 Dayz>> much sweeter and looser than the album version! Mike was filling in some dank bass grooves under Trey's whaling licks! Nice to see Page in the mix! [Cool]

YEM+kids dancing around a Golden Calf during Charlie Brown X-mas>> words can't describe how funny that was on so many different levels! [Eek!]

Did anyone dig the semi-Gamehenge-esque jam they were messing with before the YEM lyrics?!?!?! [smile]

Oh shit, and the Chalkdust was NICE too. Nice how Trey tweaked the Climax refrain! Hope this is a sign of things to come!!! (i'm having way too mauch with these face icons [Wink]

ovwerall, very pleased. Can't wait for NYE (30th row on the floor baby!!!!! [smile]

Luckily I had my laptop during the lame skits. Busted out some prestine footage of the Dead's 2 seperate appearances on SNL in '78 (after Egypt; Jerry looks like he smoked the Burning Bush; they Jammed I need a Miracle and KC Jones) and their stop in '80 during Radio City tour with A. Getaway and St Circum

"I even thought SNL was kind of funny (until the tail end). Been a looooooooooong time since I thought that."

SNL has definitely passed its prime. It used to be something I tuned in every week, but the last few years I just couldnt be bothered. I wonder how many people tuned in just to see PHISH.

I think people are too hard on SNL~we'll never see the combined talent of "The Not Ready Fot Prime Time Players" again, but every season (strongly excluding the cast that included Robert Downey Jr. and that GEEK from the Breakfast Club) turned out some decent talent. Agreed, The writing in certain seasons have not been top notch, but think about it, some funny cats have come out of that show.

Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, Sherry O'terrie....etc etc....Too many to mention.

yaaay...

it really looked like EVERYONE was havin a great time and they were all realll happy to have phish on there.. [smile]

I almost died when they came in and played contact.. it was super sweet..

the charlie brown thing was great.. [smile]

it made me want to go see phish again.. it's been awhile since I have had that feeling [smile]

I am in love with page!!!! hehe.. [Wink][Razz]

Cheers..

Sarah

The Charlie Brown skit blew my head apart. [big Grin][big Grin] I just couldn't beleive it. Classic!

Hey, what can I say about Phish on SNL? They played real well but in this case, a review of the performance seems less important than the fact there was a performance at all. Seeing the smile plastered on Page's face the whole time made me smile too. It was great to see those four guys play together again and it seemed they were totally jazzed by it too. I even thought SNL was kind of funny (until the tail end). [Eek!] Been a looooooooooong time since I thought that.

Yeah... Trey with his arm wrapped around Tipper.... (oh god)... Frank Zappa's spirit must be very displeased.... [Wink]

Every time Phish were on the screen, I had a smile from ear to ear. They all look healthy, rested and happy. The smiles on their faces are a testiment to how good they feel playing with each other.

The Charlie Brown animation was incredible. I loved the twirlers on the lawn and YEM.

And you know, I thought Gore did a great job. He isn't an actor afterall and he allowed himself to be put into some embarassing situations (hot tub?) which shows us his sense of humour. I cracked up at a lot of his scenes.

I'm so glad we got it on tape.

totally choice entertainment on SNL...they need to have a good time more often. i think SNL is still a great show, but not when compared to the days of yore.

anyways, i turned on the tube after the morn on the movie network and holy shit! i saw chuck norris! I remember there was this one time that he hit me with his van...i was gonna kick his ass but he knows karate.

but damn...the guy can play guitar.