Jambands.ca

I need EVERYONE'S opinion

Tonberry

Women can get away with dreads because they are beautiful, precious works of heavenly art. They are sublime and glorious, a symphony of compassionate curves and authoratative silhouettes. They are quite simply the most graceful and awe-inspiring living beings in the face of the universe and their glory shall sing to the souls of men everywhere, who should give thanks for the gift of sight in order to witness such perfection and impeccable harmony.

Men, however, are hairy farty slugs. They (we) are disgusting and horrible, just furry nasty primates with smelly hang-lows dangling precariously between our scabby, rash-laden inner thighs. It is a miracle that all women simply do not become lesbians and farm us out for our horrible seeds in little pens, like the squawking little chickens we are. And that, my friend, is why you should get a haircut, keep your head low, try not to draw too much attention and just thank the stars that somewhere there is enough alcohol and recreational drugs to allow women to think we are actually worth fornicating with. Anything less and we're all fooling ourselves.

short hair is better for the environment. you don't need any special soaps or chemicals (like dread wax etc.) to sully up the water table. i wash my hair with biodegradable bar soap and haven't combed it for a week since i cut my hair short again. i also did it myself which avoids the hassel of hair dressers. i have all the benefits of dreads without looking like a smelly wook. that, and i cut my dreads off when i realized they don't really project the statement that i intended anymore. i wanted to flout the mass media definition of beauty or cool. then i turned on the t.v. and looked out my window. there's a lot of people with dreads out there. in one day at the library i saw a soccer mom, a tween and a homeless guy (kw peeps know who i'm talking about) who all had big fat dreads. at that moment i felt very dumb for having dreads. they look like shit and don't do anything. (and i had nice dreads) short hair is much more practical. and it can be corporate enough to get you a good job and you can still have fun doing strange things with it. right now, i'm going for the evil pixie look. it would be really funny if you also went for the evil pixie look.

Welllll....

1. the long hair just doesn't suit me (I don't think). ergo, I've got to do one or the other... although, so many of you saying keep it is beginning to sway me.

2. Shaving my head would likely be awful.

3. Uh.... Yeah... scabby inner-thighs.

Dreads seem to be in the minority, but I'll keep the polls open.

And I MAY come out this weekend, but I don't know if I'll have the funds. I really should though, as I believe Stapes is in for quite the rager.... if I know Stapes (and I do).

I think you look pretty good in that pic ... sorta dark and mysterious (maybe I just think that 'cause it's in black & white?) and as though you are sophisticated enough to know that there is no value in looking too sophisticated. I suspect you know this, and that this whole thread is just a ploy to show a picture of yourself looking cool ;)

But whatever. I'd drop the dreads idea. I don't think they'd suit you, and fear that you might end up looking a bit too much like that KW homeless dude who hangs outside of the liquor store on Weber in the mornings waiting for it to open while his pants fall down that Bokonon mentioned. I've done lots of silly things with my hair, and dreads were the shortest lived.

I think you should either leave well enough alone, or cut it, 'cause you can have lots of fun with short hair.

(and MarcO ... you're brilliant, I think. But it's 2005. There are ointments. Lotions. Potions. You needn't live with that rash. Taste the freedom.)

First step would be to find a new head. No matter what you do to your hair it's not going to help in your current predicament.

i'm with lazlo on this one. head replacement surgery is your only hope brah. as for the dreads. you may want to wait a few more years until your hair is long enough or your look like this toolbag

2020.jpg

First step would be to find a new head. No matter what you do to your hair it's not going to help in your current predicament.

[color:purple]Pretty rich from a guy who's icon is modern art taking a dump. ;)

Happy to hear some people are enjoying the i'm too lazy to get my hair cut look. I personally am not a fan on me, but have always had dreadlocks tucked away in some back facet of my mind as a possibility as to looking smooth on me. However, a lot of you are making very valid points as to not doing it...

Men, however, are hairy farty slugs. They (we) are disgusting and horrible, just furry nasty primates with smelly hang-lows dangling precariously between our scabby, rash-laden inner thighs. It is a miracle that all women simply do not become lesbians and farm us out for our horrible seeds in little pens, like the squawking little chickens we are. And that, my friend, is why you should get a haircut, keep your head low, try not to draw too much attention and just thank the stars that somewhere there is enough alcohol and recreational drugs to allow women to think we are actually worth fornicating with. Anything less and we're all fooling ourselves.

"Marc-O for my sub-sub-vice-president-underling!"

I'd also cut off the goatee or perhaps get a handlebar going...goatees are very particular.

wow - i couldn't agree with this statement more. Go for the handlebar.

If you're still on the fence about cutting your hair or leaving it long, why don't you just try cutting half of it for now. Oh wait, that would leave you with a mullet. But that's ok, because you'll have a handlebar to match. Can you say, "hubba hubba"?

wow - i couldn't agree with this statement more. Go for the handlebar.

I have a terrible secret to reveal. You see that awful moustache I'm currently sporting? That's been growing since like January... maybe December. There will be no Handlebar, despite the fact that I think it's a marvy idea.

...have always had dreadlocks tucked away in some back facet of my mind as a possibility as to looking smooth on me. However, a lot of you are making very valid points as to not doing it...

I had the same inkling when I was your age but I never acted on it. That is why I say to you now, DO IT!!!