Jambands.ca

Long Lost Loves

guigsy

Punchbuggy! I'm not sure where they were from, but I used to see them often back in the day.

There's also Bertha Does Moosejaw, which was a friend's band from high school.

Good call on Furnaceface.

yes.

i grew up in the country and the only band that would fit that description is freephonic...they spanned from almost North Agusta to Kemptville at the time but played around Ottawa.

ottawa:

three penny opera

nero

big fish eat little fish

elsewhere:

recipe from a small planet

Jukejoint

Downtime

the birth of confusion era GTB...i think that band has gone away for a new breed...

the red star project

Edited by Guest

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss ferriswheeler

alot (that's a "save target as" kinda link)

Here's a little something for those reminiscing about Ferriswheeler that I just stumbled across last night. This is an unreleased studio track recorded in London in March 2002. Enjoy!

Edited by Guest
damned geocities link didn't seem to work

I think so, not sure what bands though. I would definitely recognise the guys, esp. the bass player if I saw them playing again... Only saw them play once (in my recollection, which is foggy at best from 'those days')... This was opening for the Seapods at the Zone, and then I saw all the band members at a Tortoise show at the Embassy in London, but I don't think they played that night.... Unless they were the first opener.. THe real opener was The Eternals (fucking awesome band too, haven't heard from them for ages as well.)

AD

Dalai Llamas for sure, I have their two studio discs and they are phenominal.

As for Recipe from a Small Planet, I'm pretty sure they're done, the drummer aparently took a job in Drumheller to further his writing career.

Jay Croker and Steve Fletcher (guitar and keys) have been enrolled in the jazz program at the local college in town here, and just last week I saw one of the greatest shows I've (dare I say) ever seen.

Jay Crocker and the Electric Apes.

10 piece band, Jay on Guitar, Steve on keys, trombone, trumpet, the three sax's, upright bass, drums and a second guitar.

Jay wrote most (if not) all of the music as most of the band was reading sheet music.

It was amazing, it was reminisent of Trey's big band mixed with Antibalas.

Jay also has a solo effort coming out soon which I don't know too much about, but from the couple of tunes he played with the scaled down 10-piece, it was somewhat slip like.

Thats all for now, I'm sure no one will experience this band unless they catch them in Alberta as its a pretty big band to do any touring with.

Oh, and does anyone remeber Acid Mud Flower? I got those guys so high one time in Chatham...

• 4 months later...

Not real sure if any of these guys have been mentioned yet, because I'm lazy and didn't bother to invest a couple of minutes to read this thread but...

Hu Noo

Aaron Macdonald Band

Jazzberry Ram

All of these guys bring back super memories of my university years.

Slainte Mhath

the ramsden family.. used to play every friday and saturday night at the caddy downtown blenheim. they've opted for a top 40 dj to take their place. boooo!

my only wish is that there was someone else from blenheim on this board to laugh at how ridiculous this is. :D