Jambands.ca

Our Lady Peace Contest

TomFoolery

Ha ha ha

I've been inspired by the OLP raggin' on the Live 8 threads.

Here's the contest. What is the worst band you can think of that you'd still endorse over Our Lady Peace?

I'll start off with Honeymoon Suite.

Total douchebags with crap music, but they gave a bit of a shit about the crowd having fun - unlike OLP.

C'mon now. You can do better than that.

OLP really eats ass. The Hip do to, but they're not even in the same ballpark of offensive as OLP. Genesis may not be your bag, but OLP is WAY crappier.

Tea Party - yeah, they blow - that's a statement.

I don't even know the Shaggs, but it sounds like we're entering the right league.

I'm talkin'...

Glass Tiger - I'd take them over OLP - at least they smile

Christina Aguilera - I doubt she can spell how offensive she is - her voice is still in another league than Raine's

Ratt - Old 80's hair metal and uber-cheezers - way smoother attitude than OLP

I never knew someone to be so passionate about a "mediocre" band. Surely Tom there are far worse bands than OLP although to be fair I missed live 8 and don't have the renewed hatred that you do.

So I'm gonna say most christian acoustic rock is more listenable than OLP.

Bands need some kind of talent to get under my skin.

Genesis does just that. Tony Banks' keyboard style and sound makes me sick in the non-jam vernacular. Phil Collins was wimpy leader of that band, and I never like Pete Gabriel either. But, I still prefer them over OLP.

No band is worse than The Tea Party, even though Edwin, Diana Krall, OLP and Fefe Dobson come close.

Most hated bands ever, for whatever personal reasons:

The Tea Party

Depeche Mode

Erasure

Genesis

New Order

Our Lady Peace

Nickelback

Edwin with I Mother Earth

Edwin

The Smiths/Morrissey

The Cure

The Eagles

Culture Club

Platinum Blonde

After Live 8, it would be an easy choice if I had to choose between being subjected to OLP again, or seeing a reunited Milli Vanilli! (With or without dubbed-over vocals.)

I'm also considering a vote for Gob who I was forced to sit through before a Cake show one time, or Moist who I saw before Neil once.

Edited by Guest
Afterthought

Hey everyone enjoying focusing on the Negative!!!? Wooo-hooo, fun...

BTW, what bands are all you guys in? Maybe I could be the first to tell you that you suck! hehe

And I really dig that Polkadot door piano guy... and Tesla... I mean it! OLP's okay... reminds me of that time I wanted to also listen to Supersonic by Oasis near Centre St and Yonge in T-hill, and tune my snare really sharp... he's a good drummer... and they all seem to show up to the gig's on time.

:P

~W

~W

Heyo SS - I play in Corduroy Road :-)

Its a bluegrass band. We do suck, but we're way more fun than OLP. And, people get way more wasted at our shows - they have to!

P'roo - I once saw OLP play at the campus bar at UW. They played three songs, told the whole crowd that they sucked then played another 45 minutes of mediocre music. I have had a hard time giving them credit since. I thought this would be a fun game :-) I don't hate them, I just have zero respect for them as people and little as musicians.

Anyhow, I think I'd take anyone (with the exception of the Culture Club) off of Jaimoe's list over OLP.

My new addition to the list is:

Wham

I'd rather see a reunited Wham than OLP.