Jambands.ca

Dr.Phil

c-towns

And don't even get me started about Montel Williams' infatuation with Sylvia Browne...

Aloha,

Brad

haha i was just thinking about montel and sylvia when reading the first part of your post!

hilarious.

i used to get sucked into that.. to the point of tears sometimes! :)

The thing that bugs me about Montel and Sylvia is that Montel would be the first one to tell someone to get up and think for themselves, to look at the world objectively, think about things, become empowered; he'd also laud anyone who went within themselves and found the strength to overcome the obscables in their lives. For him to then turn around (repeatedly) and bow down in seeming supplication to that charlatan, that liar*, is, to me, unconscionable.

Aloha,

Brad

* See, for example, James Randi's dealings with her.

The thing that bugs me about Montel and Sylvia is that Montel would be the first one to tell someone to get up and think for themselves, to look at the world objectively, think about things, become empowered; he'd also laud anyone who went within themselves and found the strength to overcome the obscables in their lives. For him to then turn around (repeatedly) and bow down in seeming supplication to that charlatan, that liar*, is, to me, unconscionable.

Is Sylvia Brown one of those "I can talk to your dead relatives" types?

Just wonderin' because as bad as that might be, what's really unconscionable is when Larry King has on James Van Pragh and David Edwards to do that schtick. I know Larry King is a joke but he is on CNN. And I know CNN is a joke but it does sell itself as a legimitate news organization. That they would allow these charlatans on air really pisses me off.

I'm not sure if Browne does the dead-relative thing, but she's definitely in the same league as Van Pragh, and is also featured often on Larry King. Browne also has this habit of claiming that missing people are OK when they're not; James Randi talks about a case in which a little girl was missing, and Browne claimed she was alive on the other side of the world. Wrong: the child's body was found a little while later.

Aloha,

Brad

2 minutes for on topic commenting Lazlo... go back under the bed!

Phil hurts my feelings and makes me want to fight someone. He's all about choosing the lesser of two evil behaviours and running with it.

I think if Dr.Phil can actually help you than you're pretty far gone, cause his reality is way far out there man.

I havent read a thing but I have to add that Dr Phil is a fucking prick. The medium known as television dropped 6 percentage points as soon as he fell across our laps. If I could chose 5 people to have a free punch at, this dude would be in there. Then again, I might have said the same thing about Joe Rogan a week ago.