Jambands.ca

BURGERS!

rubberdinghy

• 2 weeks later...

made some tasty burgs last night using a 50/50 mix of sirloin and pork. Thanks to a burger recipe that I read in Better Homes cookbook (seriously classic recipes in there), I added a bit of mustard to the mix. I can't believe how much more flavour popped out. It was too subtle to even notice mustard, but it had an enhancing effect.

I also made a quick homemade bbq sauce for one of the burgers using ketchup, 1/4 tsp liquid smoke, onion powder, garlic powder, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper, and about a tsp of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce).

in Better Homes cookbook (seriously classic recipes in there)

Yes! We have a 'Better Homes' cookbook published in 1946 and it rules. Also old 'Joy of Cooking' cookbooks (from the 60s or ealier) are vastly superior to the more recent editions as far as real food goes.

Neat tip about the mustard, thx.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we went to a place called Gus's, which is just as you enter East Troy town (alpine valley) on the 120. it was like a drive-in diner style with awesome shakes and burgers. we sat at the covered picnic tables and admired the cars pulling in, a lotus, el camino, and other cool old cars. Yummy.

I had the best burger of my life tonight.

It was at the Manx, and it was a venison and herbed bacon patty, arugula, horseradish aoli, some sort of cheese (working on getting that info right now) on a fairly plain but super fresh and tasty white bun. Holy fuck, so good. Get down to the Manx right now for this piece of heaven!

it was a special!! it's not a regular!! GO NOW!!! i told the wait staff and the kitchen to put it on the menu or make it a regular special but who knows........

ps. mozzarella!!

pps i have deer and bacon sweats!!

• 2 weeks later...

my friend made this for a bbq and I have tried it once. Holy moly it was good. Probably not good for you. But great. I put diana's sauce on top just cause that's what I like once the burgers is cooked. here is the instructions she gave me Cheers

The recipe is called "bacon wrapped hamburgers", but obviously we did not wrap the hamburgers with bacon, instead we cooked the bacon, let it cool, and then we broke the strips up into small pieces and mixed it in with the ground beef. I would suggest that you let the patties sit in the fridge for a little while after you make them and before you cook them, as this will allow all the flavours to combine. Also, I guess when my brother has made this recipe, he has also added some hot sauce, which was also very good too.

Bacon Wrapped Hamburgersâ€

Ingredients

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 TBSP grated parmesan cheese

1 small onion, chopped

1 egg

1 TBSP ketchup

1 TBSP worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 pound ground beef

6 slices of bacon

6 hamburger buns

Directions

1. Fry bacon in pan until crisp. Transfer to papertowl to cool. Once cooled, crumble bacon into small pieces (just a little larger than the size of a pea).

2. In a large bowl, mix together the cheddar and parmesan cheeses, onion, egg, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and bacon. Crumble in the ground beef and mix together by hand. Form into 6 patties.

3. Place patties on grill and cook until done

Edited by Guest