Jambands.ca

Go To Meal

Ms.Huxtable

I'm wondering what everyone else's "go to" meal is. You know when you can't figure out what to make so you end up making _________.

For us it's a variation of a tortilla and meat. Like chicken quesidilla's, pork and pineapple soft tacos, spicy ground turkey, corn and cheese stuffed tortillas. Always served with a salad of some sort.

They're rarely if ever the same, but we seem to make that sort of thing a lot when we're not creative. It's fail safe, delicious and cheap.

For an actual cooked meal (as opposed to a peanut butter and banana sandwich, for example), it's probably omelettes for me, with the filling made from whatever's handy, typically some kind of deli meat (chicken, smoked turkey, black forest ham, etc.) and cheese.

Aloha,

Brad

Stir-fried veggies in black bean sauce with steamed rice or chinese noodles.

stick a jar of this in the back of your fridge: 41R525NKPWL._SL500_AA268_.jpg

and pull it out whenever you're too uninspired to put any effort into cooking something. tastes great with soft tofu, chicken or pork. Add chili sauce and coriander if you want to dress it up a bit.

I wanted something cooked but quick last night, so opted to use up the smoked meat and smoked gouda I had in the fridge to make a grilled cheese sandwich. The minor snag was that I don't keep butter or margarine on hand, as I don't use them for toasted products or sandwiches, so I just heated up a small frying pan and put vegetable oil in it, adding a bit more for the other side when flip-time arrived. It came out really well, hardly indistinguishable from the usual butter-the-outside grilled cheese.

Aloha,

Brad