Jambands.ca

The Rest of the NHL - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be called the Kanada Kev forum!

Hah! Gotta watch something this year :)

Non-playoff teams making the playoffs?

: Chicago.

Agreed. Chicago on paper is looking to be one helluva fun team to keep an eye on this year. Also Tampa Bay.

Wonder how the Caps will do after their run at the end of the season last year.

So, my parents live in Arizona in the winter. My Dad and my uncle got a 20 game package to watch the Coyotes for $400 a piece. With the package, they were able to pick any 20 games they wanted. What a deal! Last winter, I paid $400 for 2 tickets to the Leafs and they lost 8-0. Something is wrong with this picture.

So, my parents live in Arizona in the winter. My Dad and my uncle got a 20 game package to watch the Coyotes for $400 a piece. With the package, they were able to pick any 20 games they wanted. What a deal! Last winter, I paid $400 for 2 tickets to the Leafs and they lost 8-0. Something is wrong with this picture.

My buddy/roommate from Chatham years ago had his father move down to Tennessee for work when Nashville were in their infancy. for every stoppage of play the PA guy would explain the rules and why the play was stopped....ex. (whistle) "Icing...when the puck crosses both the red...." If the Yanks didn't invent it, they don't care about it.

Another funny one is when Rick Mercer was "talking to Americans" on a beach in Tampa a couple weeks after they had won the cup and his question was simple...what is the name of the Tampa Bay hockey franchise. 1 person got it....and he was on vacation from Canada!! :)

for every stoppage of play the PA guy would explain the rules and why the play was stopped....ex. (whistle) "Icing...when the puck crosses both the red...." If the Yanks didn't invent it, they don't care about it.

I was in Tampa Bay their first year watching them play the Habs. The PA announcer did the same thing after every penalty. He would give a detailed explanation of the penalty. To this day I am sure he was reading it right out of the NHL Rule Handbook.

• 2 weeks later...