Jambands.ca

Neil Diamond - ACC - December 2

Basher

• 6 years later...

Before the show began an announcement came over the PA warning patrons that the lights would soon "dim suddenly," and that we should all take a look around and note the nearest emergency exit.

Best part was when the sound guys forgot to turn off the canned applause between songs and accidentally turned it up way too loud.

Runner-up moment was when Neil was urging people to stand up for a song.  The ladies in front of us were very disappointed that he didn't ask them to stand.  They really, really wanted to stand up and were bummed that the star didn't give them permission.

No, wait.  The best part was when Neil addressed the front row with, "I know you're poor, and being poor has got you down.  But if we all stand up and dance it might take your mind off of all that."

The front row tickets were close to $200 with the fees.

Oh, and our 300 level tickets were upgraded to, well basically anywhere we wanted.  We were offered floors but opted for section 209 (we didn't want to sit with the poor people).  The entire 300 level was shut down and pretty much everyone was redirected to Guest Services for new tickets.  There were times when the venue felt like a ghost town.

Really interesting night overall.

No, wait.  The best part was when Neil addressed the front row with, "I know you're poor, and being poor has got you down.  But if we all stand up and dance it might take your mind off of all that."

I can't even imagine what made him say that.  Is it because of the canadian dollar?