Jambands.ca

KFC Double Down coming to Canada

Basher

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A 300-pound (136-kilogram) chimpanzee that broke free from its chains has been captured after briefly wandering around a Kansas City neighbourhood and smashing out the window of a police car.

Police Capt. Rich Lockhart tells The Kansas City Star the department got a call about noon Tuesday that a primate was on the loose a few miles (kilometres) from the Kansas City Zoo.

Lockhart says the ape was actually a pet that escaped from its chains. Lockhart says efforts to shoot the animal, named Sueko, with a tranquilizer dart failed.

The chimp climbed on a patrol car and struck the passenger-side window with its fist before running off.

It's owner was eventually able to coax it into a cage with a large sandwich purchased at KFC. Lockhart says the owner has been cited for having a dangerous animal within city limits.

Double Down ban?

Health Promotions Minister Margarett Best says the government may review KFC's new Double Down sandwich with an eye to banning it.

“At this point in time I am not looking at restricting anything, but certainly I don't think you can ever close the door on anything,†she said.

Conservative leader Tim Hudak said he can't wait to try the new sandwich.

Hudak chuckled when asked if he thinks the government will ban the sandwich, and referred to Premier Dalton McGuinty as “Premier Dad.â€

He said McGuinty has shown “a very bizarre obsession with micromanging our daily lives, from the kind of dog we can own to the kinds of snacks our kids can take to school, so maybe he is going to go after KFC next."

“I am looking forward to trying it,†Hudak said.

Asked if he was worried about what the new sandwich would do to his health, Hudak said he would, “go for a jog afterwards.â€

Aloha,

Brad

This thread is gold!

I won't ever be trying the Double Down. Fast-food burgers, fried chicken is definitely not my thing to begin with. Not that I'm getting up on my high horse or anything, cause I can shamelessly, ok perhaps shamefully, mow down a pizza like no other if the cards line up right...

So we're leaving for vacation in the morning. It's hungry time and we just did a fridge survey to see what we should eat before leaving for a week.

We found bacon.

We found cheese.

In the freezer we have phatty chicken fingers.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are having home-made double downs for dinner tonight!

please tell me you fried the phatty chicken fingers

I haven`t had one yet but I will. What makes me laugh is everyone`s reaction to the Double Downs sodium levels.

It has 1380 mg for the Original Recipe...

A quarter pounder from McDonalds has 1190 mg...

A Whopper has 1020 mg of sodium and has more calories and fat...

Ever had a Regular size Chicken Carbonara from Quiznos...1920 mg of salt....

What Im trying to say here is the Double Down is no where near the worse thing out there as far as sodium, calories and fat... It`s the same shit we all eat now and then... just without the bun.

I haven`t had one yet but I will. What makes me laugh is everyone`s reaction to the Double Downs sodium levels.

It has 1380 mg for the Original Recipe...

A quarter pounder from McDonalds has 1190 mg...

A Whopper has 1020 mg of sodium and has more calories and fat...

Ever had a Regular size Chicken Carbonara from Quiznos...1920 mg of salt....

What Im trying to say here is the Double Down is no where near the worse thing out there as far as sodium, calories and fat... It`s the same shit we all eat now and then... just without the bun.

for some reason, it was enough for the ontario government to comment about it. KFC is getting so much free publicity over this thing. It's unreal.

N6bC8n19f10