Jambands.ca

Is Rob Ford a crackhead?

Basher

So here are his remarks from this afternoon. Note that he says "I do not use crack cocaine," and not "I have never used crack cocaine." That's a pretty conspicuous difference and makes this fall short of a categorical denial. Also, the fact that he spent just as much time - if not more time - talking about his high school football team as the crack allegations is pretty ridiculous.

Not taking questions was cowardly and a cop-out, especially given that there is more that needs to be said. For one thing, he could start by addressing what the circumstances were surrounding the picture of him with the alleged gang members that has been circulating with the video story.

All in all, pretty weak.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you typed, Hart.

As a sidebar, it's interesting how much attention this story has received based purely on heresay. The picture isn't heresay but the picture isn't the story either. It's actually a bit surprising that the implications of that picture have been pretty much obscured by the bigger story.

I agree with everything you typed, Hart.

As a sidebar, it's interesting how much attention this story has received based purely on heresay. The picture isn't heresay but the picture isn't the story either. It's actually a bit surprising that the implications of that picture have been pretty much obscured by the bigger story.

That's a good point. The picture on its own would have caused a stir if it had been released at any other time.

This story may cool off a bit, but I don't see it completely falling by the wayside anytime soon. My loathing of Rob Ford makes me admittedly biased, but I don't see how anyone other than the most willfully blind Ford apologists could be satisfied by what he said today.

holy fuck. there are alot of shutters going off there.

I'm more intrigued in the coverage of this story than the actual story. His opening "I do not use crack cocaine" sandwiched with that final hail mary question "Have you ever used crack cocaine" is all that needs to be addressed in that 3 1/2 minute bologna.

It's actually a bit surprising that the implications of that picture have been pretty much obscured by the bigger story.

Except Ford's office defended it by claiming the mayor has his picture taken with a lot of different people (like the neo-nazi). Ford himself has since aped the same statement on his radio show that he gets his pic taken all the time with people from different communities - asking about the photo is also an act of racism according to the mayor's brother.**

[edit to add]

**Re: Doug Ford's racism comment.

1. When Doug Ford first held a press conference about this, he accused Gawker & Toronto Star of engaging in extortion with drug dealers.

2. One of the men in the photo was the person who supposedly shot the video. Since then, one has been shot dead and another wounded.

3. On the Ford's sunday radio show a women called and asked Rob why he was pictured with drug dealers. Rob gave his prepared reply and hung up on the woman

4. Doug Ford called the women a racist for assuming the men in the picture were drug dealers (or gangsters).

Edited by Guest

I don't know if the video exists, but I have a suspicion it does or did, at least.

If the video truly doesn't exist why hasn't Ford filed a defamation suit? My limited knowledge of law seems to feel he would have a case - yet, he hasn't, nor has he mentioned it, and he refused to field any questions regarding the topic.

All this from a guy who has on record said he hates the Toronto Star and would sue if they (or any other media) ever "attacked" him in print again (or something to that effect).

Well I think he has smoked it and a video exists.

And as for his bro Dougie that guy was a hash dealer in the 1980s early 1990s. My girlfirend's parents circle of friedns all knew him from back in the day and said "oh yeah everyone in Etobicoke new he was the hash man".

Liars both of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Low Roller

Remember this whole 'Rob Ford is a crackhead' thing that somehow blew over?

Well it's about to get interesting again. The Toronto cops have announced that they have obtained the crack smoking video and that the mayor has been under surveillance for a while now, where he would regularly meet with a drug dealer.

BX6THVXCEAAsVqn.png

Neither the province or council can remove him unless he is convicted from my understanding.

Toronto council can call for a judicial inquiry pertaining to misconduct or breach of trust, but I'm pretty sure even that doesn't allow the removal of an elected official.