Jambands.ca

Just Back From Molson Amp - Bummer :-(

Marcust99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was right there at the box office. I would doubt 1400 walk up sales but anything is possible. Perhaps they meant 140. That is believable. I have never seen a box office so empty, not even for a feature film.

I would be shocked if they did 14k for the show considering the lack of bodies at the venue when they pulled the plug.

Edited by Guest

bummed that they cancelled the show on the 9th, yes

feel bad that the folks from out of town got screwed? yes

happy they are coming back on the 22nd? for sure!

Don't give a shit how many tickets they sold. Just stoked that I have one of them:)

Its interesting that pre show the stubhub inventory numbered around 1100 tickets- and there are only 214 today.

Also all of the sweet pits and 100s that were available the days before the show are no longer available on TM.

I for one, gladly took the refund on my lawn tickets. I will make a game day call on whether I am going to take more time off of work and spend more $.

That said, I think the show in Toronto will be heat. I am calling a Harpua with a story about Jimmy trying to get to a show in waterlogged Toronto into a Canadian song possibly Rush or maybe Neil Young.

I am actually glad toronto was cancelled. It really shows my why I love this band and how much I appreciate the things that they do

On 7/8/13 I arrived home from SPAC around 1:30pm and was still feeling the glow from the previous show and knowing I was going to another show the next day made it even better. I started to do all my dirty laundry from the past weekend in order to have some fresh clean clothes to wear. Finally I start getting my tickets, passport and everything else to may my voyage to buffalo and spend the night there in order to be that much close to the canadian border. Upon finding my passport I realized it was expired and my heart dropped. I started to panic and search the internet to see if that was any other way I could possibly get into Canada. What my research found out was that in 2009 they changed the law from where U.S citizens only needed a birth certificate and ID in order to get across the border. All my hope was lost and I spent the day pissed off and gloomy, until I got the notice the show was cancelled. That night I made an appointment with the U.S. Passport Authority for the very next morning in order to get my passport expedited so I could make the show at the rescheduled date. Now I finally have my passport and again start looking forward and getting anticipated to Toronto. The Phish gods were looking out for me and really makes me appreciate them that much more.

Its stories like that as to why we see this band so many times

I should note that the above post was in a thread where people were commiserating about how crushed they were, most of whom can't make it on the 22nd. It's one of the more self-absorbed things I've ever seen on a message board, although maybe this is still just a sore subject for me.

Edited by Guest

Will the tickets that I bought on Stubhub still be honoured at the gate? Can the original person who bought the tickets pull a fast one and return the tickets that she/he originally bought? Hopefully that wouldn't work...
Stubhub guarantees them. If they don't work at the gate Stubhub will buy you another pair and charge the seller.

Ok. So if the original seller went to TM and tried to get a refund on the tickets, would she/he be successful? Or does TM know that the original person sold the tickets on StubHub, and therefore in turn the original person is denied refund?

It would kind of suck to show up at the gate and find out my ticket don't work. And I'm not sure how I'd get StubHub to buy me another pair on the spot. Thanks!

Apparently, if you can't make it back for the show on the 22nd you can get a refund for parking for the July 9th show, if you happen to still have your parking stub. From the way that is phrased, I imagine that if you are going to the 22nd you should probably be able to re-use the parking stub that day too.

For those of you who can’t make it back, here’s how you get your money back for the parking: Scan or take a photo of your parking receipt and email it to the info below: http://www.ontarioplace.com/corporate-directory

General Manager’s Office & Guest Services

Valerie Holliday

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

valerie.holliday@ontarioplace.com

Phone: 416-314-9784 Peace and love to you all!

No, stub hub doesn't know if the original purchaser got a refund. But there is a toll-free number to call stub hub and they will resolve the issue on the spot. You will have a ticket and they will have someone there.

Ok thanks Basher. So they will have someone from StubHub on hand, in person, at the show? Do they send a staff to every event they sell tickets for to account for such cases? Sounds expensive. Anyways, I'll need to track down this toll free number.

Edited by Guest

One of the few things about Phish that's always bugged me is the lack of 'banter' on stage. So many shows go by without a "thank you", "nice to see you", "have a great night", etc.

Unless it's gone unmentioned, nothing was said about Toronto at last night's show. I think they owe us a quick "sorry about last night" from the stage. Most of the people affected by the cancellation were either at last night's show or will be listening to it.

All that we've had from the band is one very formal announcement, and I think it's fucking rude. It really looks like the don't give a shit.

Just because they didn't acknowledge it the next night to a largely unrelated (as in not from TO) audience, doesn't mean they're not upset about it. Wait until they play here again on Monday and see what Trey says. He ALWAYS says something to the effect of how much they love this city and I'm sure you'll get your apology.

No' date=' stub hub doesn't know if the original purchaser got a refund. But there is a toll-free number to call stub hub and they will resolve the issue on the spot. You will have a ticket and they will have someone there.[/quote']

Ok thanks Basher. So they will have someone from StubHub on hand, in person, at the show? Do they send a staff to every event they sell tickets for to account for such cases? Sounds expensive. Anyways, I'll need to track down this toll free number.

Here is what the StubHub FanProtect Guarantee says about these situations:

"I have my tickets and I'm at the event, but I can't get into the venue.

We have an excellent Trust and Safety team dedicated to preventing problems just like this. If you can't get into the venue because there is something wrong with the tickets, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482). Our Customer Service team will immediately start working on finding you tickets that are as good as, or better than, the ones you bought. If for some reason they're unsuccessful, you will get a full refund, including service and delivery fees."

REF: https://www.stubhub.com/guarantee/

Edited by Guest

I'm starting to get excited again!

I have an all day work event the next day so I have to take it easy (this work event involves learning about and tasting Pinot Noir all day so I shouldn't complain, but I have to help set up down town at 8am).

Looking forward to some Phish. I like what I have heard from this tour- not ground breaking stuff, but enjoyable. I think they will try to give us a special show. Small crowd plus a make up date add up to either a mailed in snoozer or an epic evening we will be talking about for years.

I'm going with epic. Utah '98...

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone have a link to get a refund for lottery acquired tickets? Can't seem to locate it.

In the e-mail I got, it said

To request a refund for tickets purchased through Phish Tickets, please email phishtickets@musictoday.com by Noon Eastern On Sunday, July 21st and please include your order number.

Aloha,

Brad