Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2014

AD

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the early bird prices were in effect until the 29th. Did the promo also mention "or while supplies last"?

I do remember something of the sort...limited availability or something like that. I'm wondering if they just had less available this year at the early bird pricing?

I got my passes in time though, thanks to my country music fan coworker who kept telling me that I better buy my early bird passes asap because country music fans will buy them all. I think she was right!

Who the heck are The Gene Clark No Other Band and why have I not heard of them before now?

I said the same thing to myself then checked it out. Sounds cool!

No Other is the 1974 album by Gene Clark, a founding member of the the Byrds. At the time of its release, it was viewed as a critical and commercial failure, but over time, it's become a cult favorite. Next month, that album will be celebrated on a brief tour where it'll be performed note-for-note by a supergroup featuring Beach House, plus members of Fleet Foxes, Grizzly Bear, the Walkmen, and more.

The band will include Beach House's Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally. Lead vocal duties will be handled by Fleet Foxes' Robin Pecknold, Grizzly Bear's Daniel Rossen, the Walkmen's Hamilton Leithauser, Iain Matthews of Plainsong/Fairport Convention, and Legrand. The rest of the band features Wye Oak's Jenn Wasner, plus members of Lower Dens, Cass McCombs' band, Celebration, and Mt. Royal.

• 3 weeks later...

Slash is going to be doing some shredding this year.

RBC Bluesfest organizers today announced the addition of two more incredible acts in an ever-burgeoning line-up. Slash been confirmed to appear on-stage with his touring act The Conspiracy featuring Myles Kennedy as lead vocalist. Kennedy is known for his ability as both a guitarist and a vocalist, possessing a tenor vocal range that spans four octaves.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be there all weekend. I'm all about full sets this year - no jumping from one show to another.

Tonight:

Darius Rucker

Journey

Jeff Tweedy

Saturday:

Silver Creek

Harper & Midwest Kind

Black Joe Lewis

Matt Anderson

JJ Grey & Mofro

Lady Gaga

Sunday: