Jambands.ca

So, who put their mail order in today?

Velvet

Latest update 2/23/15

We’ve been submerged in a sea of mail and are coming up for a breath of air to give you an update on where we stand right now. We are 75% of the way processing all of the orders, working 24/7 to get your money orders back to you. There were many, many times more order requests than anyone imagined, thousands and thousands with beautiful art. We are trying to let as many folks as possible know their status before the onsale date. Emails will go out to the winners starting in the next two days. Your chances of receiving tickets from us are 1 in 10, so if you have not received a winner’s email from us by the on-sale date, you may want to consider on line ticket sales to increase your chances.
Tickets will be mailed out in June.
Please do not email us at this time as we will not be able to answer your inquiry.

Okay, we are taking a deep breath and going back under.
The crew of GDTS TOO

“Some days the gales are howling
Some days the sea is still as glass”
John Barlow

Well, this is gonna be a pricey weekend.  This in my inbox:

Congratulations! Your order or at least one of your orders will be filled for the Grateful Dead 50th Reunion performances at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL on July 3, 4, 5, 2015. Your commemorative tickets will arrive in June. Please hold all emails. Check gdtstoo.com for the latest updates. We hope to see you at the shows!

The Crew of GDTS TOO
February 2015 

“The sky was yellow and the sun was blue”
Robert Hunter

Ya I don't think that's ungrateful at all...it is marginally better information than not knowing anything which is where I (and surprisingly quite a few) still seem to be at.  Perhaps the fact I haven't received said email is indication though.  Having said all that congratulations!!!  That is exciting.  But I would personally like to know which nights my order were fulfilled for prior to the general onsale (and certainly well well before June).  That's a lot of money to just have tied up with so much uncertainty.

Plus for many that is a central factor in the feasibility or "cost/benefit" analysis.  Not to make it all about money and costs but these are real concerns for many people who have already stretched themselves beyond their means in the hopes of being a part of something so special.  When making the decision as to whether one can realistically afford to shell out all that it would cost to make the trip knowing whether they are partaking in 1 show as opposed to 3 shows is a pretty important variable.

FCUK YA !!!!

I only sent in one envelope, so I am assuming I got all 12 tix (4 /night) that I requested.

...stoked

Congratulations! Your order will be filled for the Grateful Dead 50th Reunion performances at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL on July 3, 4, 5, 2015. If you only sent in one envelope then your whole order will be filled. If you sent in more then one envelope, we can only guarantee that at lease one of your orders has been filled. We cannot give you the date of which order was chosen at this time. Your commemorative tickets will arrive in June. Please hold all emails. Check gdtstoo.com for the latest updates. We hope to see you at the shows!

The Crew of GDTS TOO

Good luck everyone. Still in limbo land. No rejection, no confirmation email, nothing processed on the money orders. Still have some shreds of hope given no update has been provided by grateful dead ticketing. But putting my hat into the fray soon nonetheless and hoping the universe treats me kindly.

Aaaah...been debating back and forth on whether to go for best available or GA floors. Hard because we can't even really see what all the options are right now other than the seating plan

I'm still "searching for tickets" but am starting to dream about the other things I'll be able to do with that money and time if I don't score tickets.

FWIW I'll be trying to secure a locale that has both a projector, liquor license and high speed internet to have a couch tour-llike party around here.  watching a screen here with perfect sound will be better than sitting in a gigantic stadium to watch a screen and struggle to hear it in chicago, IMHO.

That's what I'm talking about Schwa. I saw a post on facebook today saying to stay tuned for something special for those without tickets so sounds like a couch tour event if I ever heard one.

Maybe a good time to have some folks up to point clark a la bonfire/ with lots of room for camping in my yard and lake swimming. Running past the boss now. 

That's what I'm talking about Schwa. I saw a post on facebook today saying to stay tuned for something special for those without tickets so sounds like a couch tour event if I ever heard one.

Maybe a good time to have some folks up to point clark a la bonfire/ with lots of room for camping in my yard and lake swimming. Running past the boss now. 

Please let me know where to send my envelope.

Well, I figure if people are asking in the 10's of thousands range on stub hub for the actually show, I could probably get $500 bucks or so for a couch tour ticket :) just put it in the mail if you want to come, I only accept envelopes made with blotter paper though.

UPDATE: Fare Thee Well organizers have posted the following statement:

Thank you to all of the Deadheads for the amazing support that you have shown for the Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago! This morning you broke Ticketmaster's on-sale record when nearly half a million of you queued up to buy tickets. If you do not have tickets, please know that we are working on various ways to help everyone experience these shows in a way that will help you share this special moment with us. Stay tuned, and thank you for showing your love, we feel it!

I doubt that 500k people, but perhaps connections, or people with multiple devices/browsers open. Still a staggering number.