Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

h

Now or then?

Actually, my tastes haven't changed much:

- Winnie The Pooh

- The Cat In The Hat (or most any other Seuss)

- the Richard Scarey books

- the Robert A. Heinlein juveniles

- Curious George*

- Beatrix Potter

Aloha,

BRAD (Books Remembered After Decades)

* I've even got a couple of the CG fridge magnets (CG sniffing ether, and CG spinning around on a turntable) on the fridge.

Hmmmm...

I think my favourite was the one in which Grover goes to the museum and has a bunch of fun there. It was good times, but I can't recall the name... It wasn't "There's a monster at the end of this book", though. Anybody else recall it?

On the flip side, I hated this really, really bizarre book called 'where do I come from?' all about how babies were born. I mean, it was helpful, sure, but it was a feared, feared book by me. Picture the jolliest, though least attractive people having sex, ala centrefold, all through the thing. Not cool to a young kid who thought girls were icky...

And that's my story.

Where The Wild Things Are

Curious George Discovers His Finger Smells Bad (the video of this one is a CLASSIC)

Oh The Places You'll Go

Ernie and Bert Add Up To 69

Sniffy and Fluffy Meet

Sideway Stories From A Wayside Bed

in no particular order mind you.

Amelia Bedelia

The Berenstein Bears

The King Stilts...my fav Dr. Suess book!!

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Anything Robert Munch

My parents have kept every single book from my childhood...my kids are going to have some serious reading to do!

Back in the day my favorite kids book was Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr Seuss. My 2 year old nephew currently can't get enough of There's a Woset in My Closet als by the good Dr.

That post on Gordon Kormon was a pleasant reminder!! I loved everything by that guy. Who is Bugs Potter was a personal fav, as was I Want to Go Home. I think I'll reread those sometime soon!

Bonnie McSmithers You're Driving Me Dithers

(...and bithery blathery out of mind!)

-- where Bonnie tries to entertain herself and, in the process, irritates her Mom. Great stuff!

also, the Mr. Men collection:

Mr. Happy

Mr. Tickle

Mr. Forgetful

Mr. Funny

Mr. Lazy

Mr. Tickle

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

any of the more gruesome grimm's brother fairy tales.. (anything with someone getting their bones grinded..) love you forever is a classic tear jerker- i think thats robert munsch, who could forget the narnia trilogy.. so many others.

Get outta my head. Haven't read the Narnia books, but the rest is spot on. Yes, "Love You Forever" is by Robert Munsch.