Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 03-05-03

Ms.Huxtable

Rubber....you crack me up!! [big Grin]

Gees....as for myself....well I'm sure in hollywood....they'd carve my nose down,theyd sqeeze my eyes smaller....ah heck....theyd ripp me to shreds.....

.but I'm pretty o.k. with me and have no intentions of ever living in plastic town.

Luckily my self esteem is 95% based on who I am not what I look like.....thank goodness cause in the end we'll all just look like shrivalled raisons....if we're lucky enough to make it so far.

if this is a magic wand thing rather than a surgery thing, i would lose some excess skin -specially on my cheeks now - making me look much older than i should dammit - thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

what was it steve martin said the other night though on the oscars? "I'd do anything to have a body like him - except exercise and eat right" hee hee.

big hips are cool

Sally, get outta my head [smile]

When I started pondering that one years ago, I was immediately declared the reigning queen of weirdness.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that finds the idea interesting.

As for wings ... wellllll ... have a look at my avatar. I'm feeling a little earthbound at the moment.

One day I went into a clothing store to buy some new pants.

The first pair I tried on were too small in the hips. I commented to the sales clerk that hmmm, my hips got bigger after I gave birth (as one would expect).

Her response: "So, what do you plan to do about that?"

Voting with my wallet was the obvious option for *me*. On the other hand, *she* should have recommended a different cut.

It's appalling that someone else expected ME to modify MY body to fit HER standard just so I could fit into clothes I don't own.

I wish I could say this is was an unusual occurance, but how often do you hear people say that someone they don't know should lose weight, go to the gym, take Rogaine, use a different hair colour, wear this, don't wear that ... ?

I don't think that I would change anything...don't get me wrong; I know I'm not perfect. I just don't give a shit. Like me for me...I do, most of the time, so why can't everyone else. Everyone is so concerned with looks and appearance. . . its make me sick sometimes...(SORRY MS. HUX ...you know that I am not targeting you...i love you... [Wink] ) I am myself, the whole package, a collection of thoughts and ideas, big, small, fat and tall. Love me for me...

Archived