Guest Low Roller

Geddy Lee

Neil Peart

Alex Lifeson

John Popper

Jeff from Uncle Seth

Your First Born

Definitely Jeff... then my first born. :P

If I was stuck on the island, it would come down to Lifeson or Popper, 'cus if I'm gonna be stuck with somebody for a while it better be a pretty funny son of bitch, and both fit the bill. It would probably be Lifeson in the end 'cus it's easier for harp player to jam with a guitarist than another harp player, so in the long run that would be more fun for me! ::

Okay here's yours Jaimoe:

Duane Allman

Pete Townshend

Richard Hell

Andre Bouchard

Moses Znaimer

- M.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I feel Jerry's the weekest person on this current list and will be voting him off in every subsequent round. Elvis is the king of rock and roll, Cash is the king of country music and Miles is the king of jazz. Garica and Hendrix are the weakest two that are left on this list. It's just my opinion and I know some will think it's slander, though I will not apologize."

I agree 100%

That being said, i vote Hendrix

Weezy,

As a favor to me , a fellow board member, would you mind awfully replacing the pic of Elvis with a younger, better one? As I said, I'm possibly the biggest Elvis fan on the board, and *I* am voting him off, but we've had plenty of exposure of the the fat dying last years of his life Elvis, and I hate having to remember him that way. Just a humble request ....

RnB

Sorry, it was one of the few pics I could find with his whole body in the shot. Plus, the sight of fat Elvis always cracks me up.

island2.jpg

Guest Low Roller

I love those pics Weezy! Killer stuff, I howl every time...

Is there any way you can keep updating them everyday but not replacing the previous day's one? If somebody was just starting the read the thread now, the pic might be a giveaway to who was eliminated up to that point.

Hmm... This one seems harder LR...

I am personally not a real Elvis fan, but man could he sing!! He didn't write his own tunes though...

Mr cash is a legend too.

I am a newbie to this scene, so I don't really know Jerry al that well.

Jimi is Jimi. nuff said.

Miles davis is amazing, but I don't really like some of his stuff...

My vote is for:

Elvis

P.S. I might be wrong,. but did anyone else notice that <b>all</b> this list is of dead musicians....

But for what miles has done to music in general, and i'm not talking just jazz, he should definately be a strong contender for this round.

Personally I think it should come down to Miles and Jimi, they are the two true revolutionary geniuses of this group. But then again, that didn't save Lennon in the last round.

And just for the record, I just listened to "In The Dark" for the first time since I borrowed by buddy's vinyl copy back in like '89 or '90 - what an amazing record! The Dead certainly were a kick-ass band when they were on, no question.

But I'm still voting Jerry. :P

- M.

Guest Low Roller
fug...... i dint even realize that episode 2 started couldnt remember my password actually remembered it but forgot about case sensitive. Ok since its day 2 so can i still vote even though i didnt even vote on day 1?

Absolutely. Every vote against Elvis counts. ::

Guest Low Roller

I'm going to finish this one a little early since it's pretty much a runaway win (loss?) at this point (and I desperately need some sleep). With 64% of the votes, today castaway is none other than the King. Apparently his worldwide influence and trillions of dollars in sales weren't enough for this tough room.

eliminated_elvis.jpg

So the remaining field looks like this:

• Jerry Garcia
  • Miles Davis
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Johnny Cash

It's the final four baby!! Place your votes now!

By the way, not that anyone cares at this point, but did you know that after Elvis died, they did an audit of his assets and his estate only totalled $5-15 Million? I know that seems a lot for you and I, but this is freaking Elvis we are talking about here .... boiled down to bad management by the Colonel. What happened however was that Elvis' father Vernon was named executor of his estate ... and he promptly turned the post over to Elvis' ex-wife Priscilla ( as mother of Elvis sole inheritor, Lisa Marie). It is pretty much due to Priscilla's management that Elvis' estate is today worth $300 Million US.

Just a side note ...

RnB