All-Star Musician Survivor 2

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

eliminated_cash.jpg

With 47% of the votes, it's time for Johnny Cash to take a little walk.

So now we're left with just two competitors. One has set the bar for guitar players everywhere and has established his reputation among the greatest ever. The other is the icon of a following of massive proportions. Both are legends, both are fantastic musicians, both have uniquely identifiable voices, but only one can win Survivor week 2.

Choose wisely.

Jerry Garcia vs. Jimi Hendrix

Man...I was hoping for Johnny to make it through this one,since Mr.Cash was a pivotal part of Dylans remaining with Columbia back in the early sixties and his career in general and the fact I plain out love JCs music,I was hoping he'd make it for the Esau surprise vote of the year...but now I will not be in that situation.I would have voted Jerry off before Johnny....if it had come down to it..... :o

Anyway...back to the task at hand:

Day 5: Jimi

At the risk of my marriage, I vote Jerry off.

Take note folks, this is a brave lady! You might want to sleep with an eye open for a while Lynn...

The very least I can do under this circumstance is back you up:

Seeya Jerry!

Come on Hendrix supporters, the very nature of this board skews the vote but we can send the greatest electric guitar pioneer in history to the hall of fame yet!!!

- M.

P.S. Hey Hux good try, Jerry and Bobby together ALMOST add up to as good a guitarist as Hendrix, albeit sort of in the same way that Wayne & Brent Gretzky's stats added together make them one of the top brother scoring combos in NHL history... somebody's doing all the work in that relationship too. :P

I vote Jerry off, no question. Jimi could kick your ass if he had three fingers missing! Jimi is it, the be-all and end-all of guitar heroes, and boy could he write a song! And lyrics! And without the help of a writer either. Not to mention that he made his mark and passed on at the age of 27! Jerry had twice that long, give Jimi his due!!!!

Bubbles: "This is facked!!!!"

::

Right, it's bad enough you voted Miles Davis off (hang your heads in shame you sick, stinky wookies!) - I mean the guy only reshuffled and INVENTED entire musical genres like 300 times and was one of the finest horn players to ever live - but now you've voted off Johnny Cash?!?! In favour of JIMI "PURPLE HAZE" HENDRIX?!?!?!? The guy who wrote I Walk The Line, Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire gets booted off in favour a freak in drag setting his guitar on fire?!?!? The guy who wrote Dolly Fucking Dagger???? Jesus Fuck! You all should be arrested and forced to listen to Jim "Do You Wanna See My Dick?" Morrison reciting poetry for the rest of your patch-work pant-wearing lives.

Hey Jimi - shuffle off the island and go join the other losers in your 60's drenched Axis Of Bad Acid Trips: Joplin & Morrison. At least you all had the decency to drug and drink yourselves off the planet before you turned thirty so you could have a little legacy for the burnt-out boomers to perpetuate for the next million years. Those three albums you made are excellent and all but let's face it, you're no Johnny Cash, or Miles Davis.

Honestly, I would have voted Jerry off long ago had the universe unfloded as it should and we'd be deciding between Miles and Elvis now instead of Jimi and Jerry. Now, where's my lava lamp, my valium and my copy of Band of Gypsys???

This game is bad for my blood pressure. ::

do I need to remind some of you folks about the story of the chicken and the egg??? we wouldn't be here talking about this right now if it wasn't for the chicken--

(GD) so, come on folks, yes, Jimi was a good guitar player, but this goes way beyond that, Jimi was an egg--not the chicken... Mr. Garcia deserves your respect. ::