Jambands.ca

Should we move?

Douglas

Booche and I are thinking about moving....

We wanna be closer to downtown, and we are sick of the highrise apartment crud. I'm excited as fuck {insert Ricky voice here} but it's alotta work and extra cashos to move.

(BTW...for all you guys that vote yay...you're helping with the move!!!)

Hey Ahesshole..........

We are going to call that 798-1982 number that RubberDinghy put up earlier, but I dont want to trump your card. Can you PM me or do something so we dont fack you over. He posted that number for you, and I dont want to be the bearer of shitty news.

TODDLES!!! I'll take care of Studa' if you take care of Slammers....

We drive right down Bank St (passing 5th) on our way home from work everyday. I'd like to drive around the neighbourhood there tomorrow to see what's available.

After a couple half-snapped-chats, we've pretty much decided that we need 2 bedrooms (or a spacy 1 bedroom) with good (or tolerant) neighbours and $ under 1000.

You guys have a great place but you gotta move downtown!

I KNOW!!! I love our place here, but we're feeling pretty detached from people out here. AND I spent 3 hours on Tuesday evening walking around downtown and I fell in love with it! One of the great things about our neighbourhood now is all the puppy dawgs....seems like each household on this block owns 1.2 puppy dawgs (except us :()

Sounds like you guys are in the same boat as us i.e. 2 bdrm or 1 bdrm+Den. There are a ton of places you really just have to look every day and check out the ones you think you want.

as we're also looking in the <1000 range I'd say the Glebe is just about out of the question...landlords still have overinflated egos and believe that living in the glebe is worh an extra 100 a month. You're best bets would probably be either centretown proper (but not Golden Triangle unless you're lucky), chinatown and especially the blocks between Bronson, Somerset, bank and the Queensway. Sandy Hill has in general seemed almost as expensive in the Glebe but you never know...you might get lucky.

HOLY FACK - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to get downtown stat, centre-town, Market or Sandy Hill. The Glebe is almost to far, and Westboro, good god, that's further than your current place!!! (sorry Westy's)

Lynny-bear, think of it this way, a move is expensive, but I have heard from many many people recently that rent is cheaper right now than it's been in years, so if you were to move now, you're saving money in rent, that you'd be paying had you moved a year ago, or might pay a year from now if things change again.

It's just such a hassle to have to drive to your place, then either leave the vehicle there or stay over, it prevents a lot of visits, especially in the winter when everyone is hanging in anyways.

So, please move downtown, please.

Love,

Hux.

One thing to remember when looking for an apartment in Ottawa these days, there is a surplus of apartments available right now (has been seen winter) and prices are overinflated due to greedy landlords and a steady demand over the past few years. What this means is that EVERY apartment is negotiable, landlords citywide are cutting prices on places just to fill them. Whether you get a 100 or 200 bucks taken off the rent or they'll throw in a bunch of extras (parking, laundry, Hydro etc...) SO make sure you don't take the list price. I told my landlord that I was taking a different place and he immediatly dropped $100 buck off a month....I'm sure he would have gone as high as $150-200 and thrown in the parking space if I had of pressed him, and this was back in January when there weren't as many places available, and landlords were just beginnning to relize how screwed they were, unlike now.

Good luck my friends for once the advantage favors the renter, stick it to em!!!!!

I'll see if I can find out, but I think there are units in my row-house/condo complex that may be for rent.

They're 3 bedroom (OK, two bedrooms and an office), basement/main floor/second floor, with one parking place each. The complex is right across the street from a shopping mall (with Loeb, Wal-Mart, etc.), and it's right beside the Lincoln Fields OC Transpo station.

Would this be something that would interest you? Admittedly it doesn't have a "neighbourhood" feel (as Westboro, or the Glebe, or the Byward Market, do), but it's walking distance to the river, and close to most everything else.

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. You might want to check with Grum & Jodi, and see if/when they're getting out of the apt. on Spruce St. if it meets your needs.

Lady and gentleman, the Glebe officially rocks and my friend Doug has been looking for exactly what you've been looking for and he's seen lots of places that fit the bill. And the Glebe is not too far! I hop on my bike and hit the canal and I'm at 40 Main in about six minutes, downtown in about 10. The Glebe itself is a great place to walk around. And you can rent your driveway during the Ex. Westboro is nice, but if you weren't born there you'll always be an outsider to the locals. They're rabid out there.