Jambands.ca

Who do you like?

Velvet

chatham aside, you get to stand out on your own. here's to c-towns for interestings posts, a good sense of humour & the trippiest avatar!

[color:"purple"] I dont need your pitty, I've come to accept my worthlessness on and off the computer

I do think I would take 1st place in last posts posted on threads per ratio of total posts, any math wiz's wanna try and find out just how much of a loser i am?

whats an avatar?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First,I don't need to list which people I like,cuz if I did,I would also (in all fairness that is) would be required to list the folks I don't like and there are not very many of those (if any) since everyone I have met in person I like and for those I haven't met yet....well,I must say that a person cannot truly claim if they do or do not like a person since all I have to go by is a fuckin message board (which is not "real" life).....

But I do really like the folks who can realize and know that an online persona like my own (for example) is just that and if & when I do meet them and say the exact same things to the same people in person as I do online (which I do) its taken the way it suppose to be taken....

I also love all the Phisheads for giving me so many years of endless gut busting laughter after each ridiculous & far fetched comment I make about the band (which I dig) that they actually take so seriously....too much,too funny,get a life.Outlast the Grateful Dead? I said no back in 90... ;)

I like Esau, when he isn't cranky ::

Hey thanks,your not to bad yourself when your not too self righteous..... ::

I like Lucky Lager. I like when nero plays a sick Centragnome and I'm feeling just right. I like listening to hardcore/gabber when I'm sketchin' out. I like partying. I like dancing to Wassabi Collective all night. I like not knowing whats going on. I like partying in other cities, especially when I don't have a ride home. I like when someone looks at me, and says "Man you're fucked up...". I like collecting live shows. I like sunrises, especially blurry ones. I like the way The Slip quietly blows my head off. I like my beard. I like when people tell me not to shave my beard. I like people who aren't self-absorbed or pretentious. I like The Simpsons. I like weekends and holidays. I like being a part of this scene. I like pushing my own limits. I like excess. I like Spring, Summer and Fall. I like heady conversations. I like The Family Guy. I like slurring my words at 7AM. I like a good cigarette at the right moment. I like partying with people who don't fuck around. I like making fun of people who go to sleep. I like being surly. I like being nice. I like being Canadian. I like wearing a hat. I like when people come up to me and say "I love the Expos!". I like Red Cap Stubbies. I like heady ten-strips. I like when my beer is in the front, and my bodies are in the trunk. Come to think of it, I like a lot of things...

i like your chin.

i also like everyone ive met from this board, and thats not a stretch.

i especially like watching Tungsten sweat one out, the day after... i know he likes putting sunsun's in my pants, but has yet to succeed.

i like when heady folks offer up their floor/couch/futon... thanks again earthfreak, velvet, and 40 main'rs!!! without you, i would have missed a half dozen shows or more, incl. tortoise, john prine, nero/gtb, sadies, silverhearts, etc.. all of whom i also like.

i like how i can post "who's got my heady nuggets," and get several responses in my PM box !!! ha!!! yeah!!!!

i also like my family, errr love 'em. you know who you are! give'r!

i also like del-head, never knew him too well before this weekend, but hey, send me yer address, ill mail out those couple disks i was talking about ;)

cheers to everybody, great buncha folks!

Hey GM, you're right, this sort of thing is kinda bad to start, because when people get left out... ;)

Otherwise its a cool kinda thing, letting people know they are loved and appreciated, when sometimes we just assume that they know. So, I loves all yous guys! you da bestest! Thanks for giving me something to read on my lunch breaks!

i dont know many of you, but i can proudly say that everyone i have met has been incredibly kind to a sketchy no-good kid. but seriously, each one of you i have met has been so nice to me its almost confusing . . . free tickets, free rides, free beers and free j's (sometimes too many), its wicked.

I like all the people who helped Sloth and Howler and I through a rough time. I truly don't know what we would have done without you. It scares me to think of it.

I like Tungsten. He bent over backwards working on the last two nero albums and did a damn fine job. He's a pretty darn good guy too, and talks a lot about music I've never heard of.

I like Scottieking. He's one of those guys you meet and you think, "now he's got life figured out." Maybe some will rub off. Plus I bet he's one of those teachers who you really learn from.

I like Paisley. An ever-smiling entity of extremism, now how you gonna pass that one up?

I like Secondtube. Though we've never met, I've seen him in person a few times, and I agree with gm, he says it like it is. One of my first experiences with secondtube was vehemently defending him in a phishhook thread (where mung posts), which I believe closed the thread.

I like countrycowboy. He made me learn a thing or two about myself. He may not like me, but that's understandable.

I like can-o-phish, if he's who I think he is. What an awesome, awesome guy! Friendly, smart, soundy, just a rockin' pile of ya!

I like Davey-boy. He looks like Ernie and calls me to come over and watch his tv.

I like catphish. She and Davey-boy were the nerve-centre of rebuilding our lives and spirits after the fire. Thanks so much for that.

I like Kev-o. Always a friendly guy and he throws down a good party. Gotta like a guy who throws down a good party.

I like this thread, though I agree I feel a pang of guilt thinking of people people I've stupidly omitted.

I like my job. So I'd better stop and do some work.

I used to like this girl and I asked her to the dance,but she said no,then I told her I didn't like her,but really I did like her,but then she liked this guy who I didn't like,but I like to think that she only pertended to like him knowing I still liked her and knew I was only trying to hurt her when I told her I didnt like her anymore when really I did like her,but this guy I didnt like really liked her,like "like" likes her ya know?.So,I knew I wouldn't like it but I was going have to fight the guy I didn't like to prove to the girl I did like that I "like" liked her even more,so I went and beat the guy up I didn't like,at the time I liked how it felt to know I beat up the guy I didn't like but in the end the girl I liked was so upset she really no longer liked me like I "like" liked her.I didn't like it one bit,but as my grammy used to always tell me "somtimes things happen,whether you like it or not".I really liked my grmmy's advice usually but I didn't like it that day,it was like she didn't like me,but I know she did like me.

I'll tell you, thats I day I don't like to remember.

^^^^^^ heeheehee, i like that guy! always has funny things to say, and he's just as great and fun in real life.

and of course, how could i EVER forget.... here's a big shout out to the only person i've met who's as continually as bouncy as me (and maybe even bouncier). big fun, and a great hugger:

tigger.jpg

Man is this thread ever sickening...I'll bite I guess.

I like jambands.ca

I think the sum is greater than its parts. It's the whole heady unit that makes this the daily "crack" that Velvet mentioned. And I'd rather not single people out because most of those who contribute have something interesting to say. Except Jared. And Gentlemonkey. Give me my Data Cable hat you little bitch

I like Lucky Lager. I like when nero plays a sick Centragnome and I'm feeling just right. I like listening to hardcore/gabber when I'm sketchin' out. I like partying. I like dancing to Wassabi Collective all night. I like not knowing whats going on. I like partying in other cities, especially when I don't have a ride home. I like when someone looks at me, and says "Man you're fucked up...". I like collecting live shows. I like sunrises, especially blurry ones. I like the way The Slip quietly blows my head off. I like my beard. I like when people tell me not to shave my beard. I like people who aren't self-absorbed or pretentious. I like The Simpsons. I like weekends and holidays. I like being a part of this scene. I like pushing my own limits. I like excess. I like Spring, Summer and Fall. I like heady conversations. I like The Family Guy. I like slurring my words at 7AM. I like a good cigarette at the right moment. I like partying with people who don't fuck around. I like making fun of people who go to sleep. I like being surly. I like being nice. I like being Canadian. I like wearing a hat. I like when people come up to me and say "I love the Expos!". I like Red Cap Stubbies. I like heady ten-strips. I like when my beer is in the front, and my bodies are in the trunk. Come to think of it, I like a lot of things...

i like del-head's quote!

MULEMOMMA: Karen, just knowing you has changed my life for the better. You're one of the best people ANYONE could ever know and don't you forget it!

PalacePrincess & LMP: You two both have the greatest attitudes in the world! It always puts a smile on my face seeing you guys in the crowd.

Jared: it's always a blast hanging out with you, we need to party more often.

Esau: truly an amazing person, always good laughs and good times with you brother.

Del-Head & Alexis: I'm so glad I met the two of you but your dog freaks me out.

Might as well join in.

I second Aaron with Mulemamma- She has changed my life for the better, and is one hell of an incredible friend, even if we rarely see eachother.

Velvet, Pablo_Sanchez, Gentlemonkey & PEIPunk- truly the first group of professionals who accepted me as a professional when I was 17. We've shared many a laugh along the way, and I hope that never stops.

All the Hamilton folk- MarcO, KC, Secondtube, Tooly, Hamilton, Willy, Esau, Piegin, Paisley, Briguy, on and on... You accepted me the minute I moved to Hamilton, even though I haven't grown up in this community. You have made me feel welcome every minute I live here, so thank you.

Kung- you're an asshole and I love ya for it. You have taught to be unrelentless and merciless with my writing, something I'm learning everyday but get from you. :)

DelHead and Alexis- two of the most welcoming people in the world. Always willing to share and lend a hand. Nothing beats partying with you.

Pete and Tasha- The best hosts! Also the best tapers in Canada. :)

Bouche and Booche- I rarely see you two, but when I do it's always a great time. You guys work really hard for this scene and I appreciate that.

MK- Always a blast hanging out with you. Nothing beats talking to someone who is better than you at what you do best.

Tonin- no explanation here.

London!!! Meggo, Newbold, Steve, FarySari and Scottie- coming to London is such a joy when I'm greeted by you five. It's become a home away from home.

The Giv'r Gang- You guys all just giv'r, ALL THE TIME. I'm always amazed by your sheer joy and appreciation of being around this community.

Backbacon- you dancing at GTB made my year. Thank you.

Mister Slippery- one of the best friends a guy could ever have. hands down.

Dimafleck and Daniel- another crazy pair. Nothing beats travelling with you two.

and everyone else I forgot.

I like everyone ::...............mostly ;)

I love Muddy Babsybox - amazing in everyway possible! All the most positive words in the world would not do justice to how wonderful she is!

Backbacon and Insta-gator make me laugh like no else! You two should really have your own television show!

All the Chatham crew - representin' ::

All the KW crew (I include you in there Chase) - so nice that we all get along so well - great meshing! you're all so kind and fun!!

Mark Tonin and Tigger - inspirations for positivity and genuineness (is that a word?)

Esau, Paisley, Willy, Shitidiot, Boogie Knights, Max Webster, Mama Red, Dancin' Man, Super Freak, Groove Fetish and Pete (don't know you're pseudo-name) - all for being so true and so kind!

BNB, Diesel Dog, Fat Cats, Nero (velvet) and all the canadians - even thos that aren't my cup of tea. All for being good folk and creating the music that is the foundation of our community

Moderators - for helping make this work

Everyone else I've forgotten adn everyone else I don't know (other than on here) cause there are few other places I'd rather be than in this community