Jambands.ca

Who do you like?

Velvet

There's been a lot of grumpiness around here lately - hell, you'd think it's still February or something. So in an effort to polarise:

I like Ms. Hux. She's nice and pretty and fun and helped me get new furniture when I was sleeping on the floor.

I like Northern Wish. He knows how to party and has been super-supportive of me and the nero guys since day one.

I like Bradm. Nobody has offered to help out at the door or merch table more than him, plus he's scoring me Coventry tickets.

I like Pablo Sanchez. I've actually liked him for years. He's friendly and fun and we playfight quite seriously when we're really drunk.

I like Douglas. Despite the fact that she calls me Toddles, she's unbearably nice and sweet and helpful and stuff.

I like Shainhouse. Now there's a go-getter. Enthusiasm and positivity the whole way.

I like RibberDinghy. C'mon, have you met the guy? What's not to like? And he drives a bus too.

I like Howler. Former housemate and pinball protege, she's hip, she's cool, she's arty, and she's an awesome friend.

I like booche. Despite the fact that this damn site is my electronic crack, this is the guy that helped me absorb a huge new circle of friends. Try his bbq ribs.

I like Mary. She's the ultimate music fan, and a girl on the scene. Boundless, pretty, funny, and piles more.

I like gentlemonkey. A friend and work associate, a hell of a pile of friendly and reason in a world that is often bleak. Solid guy, and incredibly helpful.

I like Bouche. Love the way this guy uses the phone, and the way he always seems to be on cocaine without ever being on it.

I like Esau. One of my favourite people to run into on the road (not literally), he's a good ,solid, strongly moral guy who can still be standing at 11am and not look as bad as the rest of us.

I like earthfreak. Hell, I used to love her, I must still at least like her!

I like PalacePrincess. So cute, so happy all the time, she always seems really happy to see me, and makes me feel like less of a loser.

I like PEIPunk. I like the way he drinks. And the way he works. I'm not crazy about how good he is at poker.

I like FreekerByTheSpeeker. I've got to. I see him so often I'd go nuts if I didn't like him. Seriously, good honest guy with a healthy dose of east coast still in him.

I like LMP. A girl with style, and a cigarette holder. I like that she and PP seem to be a team, like Batman and Robin.

I like Stapes. I think it's funny how we make each other uncomfortable, though we're obviously friends. I like that I've seen him snarl, but I hope I never see it again.

I like Sloth. Hell, I've been considering him one of my best pals for a while now. Only person who has ever kicked me out of his house, and I still like him. Something to be said about that.

I like Mark Tonin. No explanation neccessary.

I like Sunshine. A happy addition to the Ottawa crowd, she fit right in like we'd been missing her this whole time. And she's done things with my feet that I'll never forget.

I like rabidmonkey. damn we had some fun out there on the road together, and though we were often at each others throats, I always kinda saw him as my road pardner.

I like moe.ron. Again, a pre-board friend, it's been so nice knowing her all these years. I hope we know each other forever.

I like Backbacon. Now here's a guy who lives it large. Never had anything less than the best time in his presence.

I like arcane. She makes me laugh in a way you guys couldn't know. I think we share the same funny-bone.

I like kung. It was fun when he thought we were arch enemies, but almost as fun just being his friend. Again, always a happy surprise to sidle up to Luke at an afterparty.

I like s2dogg. One of the more unique freaks out there, a guy well worth admiring. Talented and successful in his dream job.

I like Pete and Tasha. The host's with the most's. These two have been there for us every single time we travel to Guelph, with open arms and refridgerators. And so much more.

I like kitkat. I always have, and I gotta admit I get a bit of a kick outta the fact that I think she often thinks I don't like her. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Can't wait for August.

I like Hux. He reminds me that I'm not supposed to be intimidated by people with real jobs. He doesn't do this on purpose, but I like it all the same.

I can't go on right now, I'm not a strong typer and I have work to do. Please don't look at this as a difinitive list, it ain't. I just wanted to maybe urge a little love here on the board.

So, who do you like?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea!

BoUche (As in U gotta love the guy that runs this site so frickin' well).

BoOche (As in O my god, it's Bouche's brother! or O he's the loud one)

Does that help anyone? ::

Oh and Velvet, I like you too baby! You're one of my favorite people. Best hugs and the best sense of humour of anyone out there. I also like that you make moaning sounds when you eat. Hehehehe

I really like your post Velvet!!

Everyone needs a warm fuzzy!!

I like Velvet for his funny songs, his happy feet, and for always making me feel good even when he's telling me I'm evil and he can see through my innocence!!

(Lunch break is over, but I too will continue a bigger list at some point)

I like Todd, he gives me hope for my thirties.

I like Velvet, he gives me warm fuzzies.

I like tungsten, he is super heady.

I like DaveO, he is now a Maritimer.

I like MarcO, he tells it like it is.

I like Trey, he shreds.

I like Bouche(A), he is an ass just like me ;)

I like Bouche(M), he makes posting possible.

I like Tonin, just for the smile above all else.

I like MK, he isn't jaded.

I like Esau, when he isn't cranky ::

I like the East Coast, its slower and prettier.

I like the idea of just loving everything off today. Its sunny as shit, the Shaker shock is lessening, my 2004 2005 budgets are done, and I have a little sumpin sumpin waiting for me at home.

Good thread Todd, I just couldn't get into a board bashing this afternoon.

And thanks man!

Sean

seriously though, I like just about everyone I've ever met from this board, and there's not even one person I can think of that I particularly have a hate-on for on-line. I've come to operate on the theory that was is said on the board is one thing, and meeting someone and looking them in the eye is another. Life's too short, and maybe this board has helped me realize this.

I have lots of new-found friends that I can call on anytime I'm in London, Peterborough, K-W, Ottawa, Kingson or out East, or wherever, thanks to this board, and most of them I've never met (yet)! Now *that's* community! ::

Seriously, lot's of great people around here. I don't think we quibble *too* much, do we???

awwwwwwwww velveey!!!! you da man. and believe you me, that "seems" is ALWAYS genuine excitement! you're by far one of my favourite people in the whole wide world to run into, it's just a shame it doesn't happen often enough!

that is quite the list of all stars you have there (so honoured you included moi!). some of the best people i've ever met are on there for sure, and i could add more great stuff about all of 'em. but for now, i'd like to shine the spotlight some other great skanks (in no particular order of course):

qqc, schwa, sugarmegs, thorgnor, sweet marie & vixen -- my fellow give'r gangers, thanks so much for the endless laughs and huge, huge amounts of fun you provide. and qqc, there's a reason you've been around for almost half of my entire life, you plain and simple freakin' ROCK.

marcO -- you have probably caused me some permanent internal damage for all the times you have made me laugh so hard i thought i was gonna puke, pee my pants, get a hernia and other such glamourous things. so thanks for that! you make office work so much more entertaining. and in addition to the laughs, you truly are a stand up guy, so polite and well mannered and helpful, and wow. i'm really happy i've met you!

hamilton -- are you and marcO long lost brothers? because you can tell in a heartbeat your mom is just as great as his! thanks not only for the laughs and gems of wisdom (a la ask hamilton a question), but also for the wonderful hospitality, impeccable manners and great company!

newrider -- mang, i'm always happy to run into you, aaron. you're one of my favourite people online, and you're just as fun in "real life" too. i'm really glad we got to know each other, your mere presence has spiced up many an occasion!

the chatham death squad (notably the yet to be mentioned babsy mudcock, his beautiful wife-to-be & the one & only instagator): your give'r is matched only by that of us k-w folk. ;) you people are pure FUN! and i really like how well you seem to mesh with our k-town crew. all of you i've met so far have proved to be super fun, super funny, polite, hospitable, and just great people to be around! so glad to have met you all!

number 2 -- in spite of the kevin bacon bashing ;), you have fast become one of my favourite "new" members. you're fun and nice, and i really enjoy threatening you with physical violence over assorted subjects. heehee

chase23 -- i've been a fan of you in "real life" for the past however many odd years i've had the pleasure (and odd ones they were indeed!), and i'm so happy and excited to see the great flave you've added to the online world. glad you've come over to the "dark star" to join your fellow ex-rave cadets (heehee). here's to many more fun times to come!

jaybone -- you're plain solid. :) i've had nothing but good times with you, and you are super fun to run into! i'm still mighty impressed with your "revolver" halloween costume, and so happy to have shared something as awesome as WEEN with you!

VVilly & leanner banner: the best party hosts of all time! you guys are soooooooo fun, and i love that when you're out for something, you're out all the way! no sissypants on these two!

secondtube: another great online personality, and also fun in real life. you always have something interesting to say whenever i see you, and you're also polite & nice. plus your girlfriend is sassy and fun, and obviously displays impeccable fashion sense when she shows up at places in the same outfit as me. teehee!

6ftgroove/6ftnothing: even though he hardly ever comes around here anymore, he's made me laugh really, really hard, and THAT i like!

jared: i've yet to formally meet you in the real world, but i can honestly say this board would not be the same without your own personal brand of jaredness.

alright, i have to get back to work now... this list is far from complete, and it's actually causing me some physical pain not to add onto or mention things about people who are already mentioned in this thread, but y'all know who you are and you know i love, love,love you dearly! so sham on. (and if i've doubled up on mentioning people in this post, it's only because others have been added since i started typing). okay, back to the grind...

*edit* back to add these ones! i thought of 'em when posting this originally, but had to close down before i could add them. so, without further adieu:

paisley: another great one to run into. always has interesting things to say, and i really like his refreshing take on things. plus, he's great to pick up on vibes, and sum people up. also, he introduced me to jen, who is just super fun all around!

low roller: i really like his sense of humour. i have to say his ongoing updates about corporate fun day was probably one of my favourite threads of all freakin' time. :) plus, he's responsible for some of the most intense fighting and anger causing on here, due solely to everybody's favourite game, all star survivor!

meggo: i think you live in london now, but please see chatham death squad post. :)

ganga goddess: it's great to run into you at places other than grade school! you're always so positive and up for fun, and you love ween. :) cheers!

I have lots of new-found friends that I can call on anytime I'm in London, Peterborough, K-W, Ottawa, Kingson or out East, or wherever, thanks to this board, and most of them I've never met (yet)! Now *that's* community! ::

Exactly, most of my friends aren't really into the scene. Because of this board I've met so many great people, and when I go to shows alone, I'm not really alone.

I like...

Little Miss Pink: Because she's my little soul sister.

Palace Princess: Because she always makes me smile

Givn'r Govern'r: Because he kept my head fed all weekend long.

Tim and Amanda: For learning a new card game.

shwa: for waking up, puking and then drinking a beer.

questquecest: for the ride to CTMF, midnight sandwiches and hiding behind trees.

Del-head: for being as crazy into that 1 guy as me. see you tomorrow.

instagator: for making me laugh harder than I have in a long time.

babsy mudcock: for ditching the party this weekend and instead supporting his sister in the LA Marathon. that takes dedication man! BTW how did she do?

newrider: you rule for being you! the fact you barely know me and you walked up to me and said you rule, makes you rule.

to everyone that I met this weekend but haven't mentioned you by name you all made my weekend.

cheers to happiness.

::

i like my dad, cause he's the hippest 61 year old i know.

i like kevO cause he makes great mixed cd's and is a friendly dude. he makes it easy on visiting musicians too by offering up sleeping space.

i like downtown cause he's chill.

i like velvet cause he writes funny songs. and cause he drove me home after last years may 24 celebrations when even lying down was too hard on me.

i like jesser cause she's a great drinking buddy. good times indeed. and cause she wants to be a farmer.

i like gentlemonkey cause he's a solid guy, and kinda wacky sometimes too.

i like countrycowboy for too many reasons to list here... but mostly cause he turned me on to gardening, the grateful dead, and coffee with soymilk.

i like smellypants cause at least he's honest about his stench.

i like howler cause she practices her art and is a really cool person.

i like phishyK cause of his ability to feel natural energy, and for his faith in my ability to lead us through the forest in the dark. i will never forget that sigh.

i like sloth cause he makes no apologies.

i like PEIpunk for his wicked bass playing.

i like qu'est-ce que c'est cause he's up for checking out shows even if it is a drive. and he makes me laugh.

i like delhead for his enthusiastic love of live music.

i like a lot of other folks too, but i have to get back to work - darn. i'll have to add to this list later. this is a great thread - it's good to think about all the excellent people in this scene and why they are so good --- thanks cc.

have to go with MarcO on the likes

haven't met anyone off the board I don't look forward to running into again... online sometimes things get heated but occasionally thats how the world works and gets things out into the open to be resolved (or dropped eventually)

a fun and witty bunch all around ;)

the chatham death squad (notably the yet to be mentioned babsy mudcock, his beautiful wife-to-be & the one & only instagator): your give'r is matched only by that of us k-w folk. you people are pure FUN! and i really like how well you seem to mesh with our k-town crew. all of you i've met so far have proved to be super fun, super funny, polite, hospitable, and just great people to be around! so glad to have met you all!

I like the fact that I'm on here so much and no one really knows who i am....heres to going incognito for July CTMF.

i like santa claus- cause he brought me go-bots

i like ahess- we bonded over an online bash on my band, and have shared so many more memories since.

i like secondtube- he tells it as he sees it, and thats cool with me.

i like the easter bunny- for all the chocolates

i like booche- for his funloving madcap self in person and his inexplicably ambiguous writing/moderating styles on the skank.

i like stapes- for introducing me to the dead in 1990, and cigarettes in 1991.

i like the monkey man- for singing

i like uncle ted- for scaring me straight

i like show-whore - actually fuck him, just kidding dickweed, you're the best!

i like kung- ever since i first thought he had 2 personalities

i like ken at pepperjacks- you're cooler than ice baby!

This is a bad kind of thing to start, because when you start leaving people out, feelings get hurt..

(dont worry tooth fairy- i like you too)

i like everyone! except satan... he is the worst!

goddamn, this is better than any silly shaker!! WOOHOO!!

i like uncle ted- for scaring me straight

lol! ::

you know who I really like? sarahbelle. She doesn;t post as often as she used to but Laurie and I have gotten to know her a bit better the past year or so and she's truly one of those people that make the world a truly beautiful place. Viva la 'belle!

She's a wonderful person to know. ::

c-towns, if you're from chatham, you're automatically included in that. :) every chathamite i've met has been awesome, and even the ones i've only heard about & haven't met yet sound great! i know i've mixed up/forgotten people online monikers too, so yeah. sorry if you felt snubbed in any way at all!

chatham aside, you get to stand out on your own. here's to c-towns for interestings posts, a good sense of humour & the trippiest avatar!

also, i edited my original to add a few folks, but while i'm here i may as well add:

tooly - always a pleasure to run into, funny posts and the best door-worker ever

cyberhippie - don't believe i've met you, but i enjoy your posts, and you've posted some interesting articles

mr. musicface, haven't had the pleasure yet either, but you make me laugh really hard too, and i like it when you fight with everybody. plus you're really fun to tease about rush. heehee

honestly, jambands.ca is my favourite collection of people on the whole internet. i could be here for days with shouts out to everyone, you're ALL freakin' awesome! my favourite part is that you're all at least as awesome in real life as you are online. go team. :)