Jambands.ca

big big well wishes to lara and dave...

meggo

Dave and Lara,

I can't thank you enough for sharing such a great day with us. It was such a unique celebration of love and I was honoured to be there to witness your union, meet your families and spend the day on such a beautiful farm with such beautiful people.

Your wedding was like no other that I have been to. It lacked all the things that I hate about weddings and focused on all the important things instead. I commend you for that and I wish every day of your lives together will be as peaceful, unique and loving as that day was.

Loving you both.

I also wanted to express my joy at this union. I had been quite excited in the days leading up and it all lived up to the apprehension. The service itself was short and succinct, Dave had an earnest grin from ear to ear as he waited at the altar, and when Lara emerged after the dog being led out in bows by the little girls, she was radiant. The bride came down the aisle to a grand piano interpretation of Last Train Home by Pat Metheny and everything was in place. I was sobbing as soon as they brought out the dog for crying out loud. The ensuing reception and evening of music was all just splendid. JSB played as well as I've ever seen them play and the sound was wonderful in this natural ampitheatre. The whole thing was wonderfully planned and executed and it filled me with great joy, and more than a little sadness, at the deep bond amongst our community. All of the best to you Dave and Lara and I am certain you will make good on your promise to yourself and all of us to love and cherish one another.

Last Train Home

Going back to the place where he was born,

Such a long, long time since he's been up and gone.

Been on the road and on his own -

The whistle blows

It's time to go

He throws his suitcase on

The last train home

[TURNAROUND, to parenthetical guit. phrase]

Passengers aboard now.

All aboard.

Crossing fields where the wheat and corn are grown -

Touched by the long, warm, golden fingers of the sun.

The train pulls 'round on its last run

He smiles inside

Enjoys the ride

So lucky to be on

The last train home. [sOLOS]

They say you can't go home again (what to they know?)

Can't re-live mem'ries (he'll just make some new ones)

The loving that we knew (our family)

The love! Can it be far away?

So far away?

Found a job in his sleepy old home town.

He surprised himself, he's finally settled down -

If he can't make the five-fifteen

You bet your life

He'll call his wife

And she knows he'll be on

That last train home.

[CODA: alt. male & female vox to solo]

He's coming home to her

Darling don't be late, now -

You know it's been such a long day and I just can't stop thinking about you.

Oh, baby please stop now, and just catch that last train home!

Girl, I love you.

I'll have dinner waiting for you -

Then I'll rub your back

And I'll give you a kiss

Don't you miss that train -

Baby you know I'm on my way...

[guitar makes bell effect]

I'd just like to say congratulations and thanks to Dave and Lara for such an incredible wedding and afterparty. The ceremony was perfect - short and sweet, but full of happiness and joy. The buffet was fantastic, even a carnivore such as myself could get filled with all the wonderful vegetarian dishes that were brought. The entertainment for the evening was great as well. The pianist for the ceremony and the two acoustic guitarists were perfect, and Jimmy Swift played hands down the best sets I've ever witnessed them perform. The weather was totally agreeable other than the cold snap after the sun went down. But the beers, whiskey, Jager and dancing kept most of us warm throughout the night and early into the morning. I ended up passed out in a chair (true wook styles), but some kind soul managed to grab a blanket for me. Thanks whoever you are, I owe you large! Woke up in time to say goodbye to everyone, and everyone seemed to agree, this was one of the best weddings ever. Thanks to everyone there, it truly was a special day and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. Best rock and roll wedding ever!

Congratulations on creating a great day that will last in yours and everyone's memories forever. Thank you for putting on a day we'll all remember.

I didn't cry like the 2 babies posting above ;), but I sure felt a few things.

BTW, Since visiting and seeing your home, I've now decided to begin calling Dave, Michael Landon.

LittleHouse2.jpg

Big thanks to Dave and Lara for sharing such a beautiful day with all of us! (and a big thanks for that cup of coffee in the morning! phew!)

I remember Dave saying to me that he had never planned something for so long before...well, good job my friends! Everything seemed absolutely perfect. And I could tell by the smiles on your faces that the 2 of you had a great day as well.

::Congrats you two! That was an amazing celebration! The dog had me bawling too..haha...Great ceremony,great people, great eats,great site,great tunes...Awesome flushing porta potties,perfect weather,beautifull sky...and you both looked sooooooo incredibly happy and beautifull :: Thanks for having me I had a deliscious time...best of everything in your future together. ::

I'm wicked happy to have you both for neighbors too ::

Congratulations from the West Coast, Dave. I look forward to seeing you in October and hearing details about the wedding. Oh yes, congratulations to "Lara" too, even though we haven't met.

"Love, and only love, will endure." (Neil) I have no doubt about your endurance.

-c.

Honestly.

Thank you so very much.

I feel honoured to have experienced such an incredible day on a thousand and a half levels. Our friends are pretty incredible people, eh? If one didnt *think* about crying during Bear's speech, you shouldnt have been there, and everyone that was there, should have been there.

Even Hux was teary-eyed, trying to get my spotlight off of himself, saying "Dude, take a pic of all our crying friends."

Personally, all I needed was that acoustic guitar duo (Hey BradM, where's my heady hookup?_ ;)_)

Everything was done to perfection, from the little signs, to the flapping stringy-thingy that set up the parking, to the food, to the weather and the headiest porto-potties ever. Ya'll should be proud of the hard work that went into it. Beauty arose and we gelled.

Heck, I would have been satisfied with my tent on your lawn, with no one there. It was that picturesque..........

What about that piano-man? DAMN! I had a bag of Fritos for that one. Later, seeing Dave's grand-pa play some honkey-tonk piano was heart-opening. He was playing the style I want to learn, and NAILING it!

Both Lara and Dave should be proud of not only their meeting one another, but the love that is profoundly evident in their lives is a crossroads everyone should bear.

Its a leap of faith, and once touchdown is made, out comes the full-on spike.