Jambands.ca

greetings

Nelles

yo

so... i signed up for this forum since i've been going to shows for a while and thought it'd be fun to post. I've been without internet for 3 years, so forgive me if i'm out of touch with online stuff. I actually got to meet some real nice people from this board down in Coventry, Vermont at Phish's last show. I went down with my buddy KevO (who's also on the board) and we were lucky to meet up with some buds of his from jambands. Anyway, hopefully now that i have internet i'll be able to post up shows now and then (mostly in the Kingston area). I'm a big fan of a Peterborough band called The Spades so lookout for posts about them - they're a solid live show for sure (i've seen them at least 30 times or so since last winter). anyway, just wanted to shout out to the forum.

Welcome aboard.

Are you from the Kingston area? Many on this board including Bouche, Booche, Davey Boy and myself ( to name a few ) are from K-Town. The Scherzo is my favourite place to see live music.

I'm living here for a year. I just moved from Peterborough. The Scherzo definitely is the coolest place to watch music - great sound to boot. I saw the Jimmy Swift Band and Weakerthans at Elixir, not as nice a venue though.

man... the acoustics at the scherzo are awesome... good atmosphere too... i made the treck to kingston to see nero at the scherzo onece before... i can't wait for the up-coming show... hopefully there will be other people there! (given the lacking turnout for Blue Quarter tonight)

They've actually opened up a new Hoagie house in the same plaza as Mamma Mia's recently ;)

Jaimoe, on this board has probably the biggest Mamma Mia obsession possible. I remember an incident where a bunch of us went to Toronto to see Oysterhead, and our friend davey-boy, stopped in Kingston and picked up a Mamma Mia special to deliver to Jaimoe in toronto.

I'm not sure what happened to that pizza. I think it didn't get eaten beforehand. It was broken into after the show. Very cold, and the grease was like smooth butter .... mmmm....errrr yuck....