Jambands.ca

x

Joan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in college i put all the dirty dishes(food still on the plates) and garbage right in my roommates bed under his covers!! he was pissed to say the least. he soon realized the rest of us were having to live in his private garbage dump and started to clean up after himself.

if that doesnt work i suggest rubbing your roommates face in it like an animal who shits on the floor.

man.. i had a situation with a roommate once who stunk up our entire apartment with his dirty laundry that he didnt do for 8 months, and several, SEVERAL, little tin tray type things full of cigarette ashes, placed, left, forgotten, all over the place... you know like little butter tart type things? well, i guess he'd eat the tart and ash in the tray till it was full, then forget about it... dude had a shower ratio of like once every 6 weeks..

all i can say is i can feel your pain.. reading your story was like time out of mind.. and i almost felt sick.

good luck..

Ooooh SugarMegs I feel your pain!

Last year in London I moved in with two 20 yr olds and a guy my age, plus they were all in a Punk Band!! I started playing mommy right away and it sucked!!!

They would leave such a filthy kitchen all the time. I would come home after a weekend and there would be puke all over the bathroom! This Started the never ending War!!

I begged them to help with the dishes, so they would agree to do half - I would leave them the glasses and cutlery (every man hates that!) REVENGE!

I don't know what to tell you, because nothing really worked. I feel your pain.

Just try talking to them, that's all you can do!

(Get a big bin and throw all their dirty dishes in it, and put a lid on it! And hide your dishes)

Good Luck

The other day the compose was left on the back porch instead of the bin 2 feet away. We literally had wild cats devouring the rotting bacon and meat products left inside!

Well off the top, I don't think that meat products are supposed to go into the compost.

As far as you problem goes, I had a similar problem a couple of times. In both situations everything that I and/or we tried to get people to clean up failed and we were left just having to deal with it. That's the problem with roommates; you've got to live with them. You can try sitting down and talking about it but I think that ultimately, you'll end up keeping your room nice and clean, and spending your time in there. I can distinctly recall making dietary decisions based on access (or the lack thereof) to kitchen cooking devices. The kitchen would be so bad that I couldn't even get to a burner of the stove. There'd be a pile four pots high on the stove and no counter space to move it to.

Putting their mess in ther own rooms is a good idea, but, if you haven't yet, you really should talk to them about the mess first. Tell them that you don't care what their bedrooms look like, but that they should be respectful, and keep the common areas tidy. Then you can pile up all their dishes in front of their bedroom doors. When they start tripping over them, they're bound to clean them, just to get them out of the way.

We have new neighbours downstairs who seem to think it's cool to keep their overflowing garbage bags at the bottom of the back staircase instead of in the bins just round the other side of the building.

So I just opened up their back door and dragged (and kicked) their garbage bags right between their doors. I hope they flip over it and land facefull in their own garbage, like I almost did.

It's infuriating. Why do people beyond the ages of grade school have to be told about cleaning up after themselves?!?

Just so yer all clear, that's not *me*, but the guys across the hall from me.

I once had a roommate who refused to have anything to do with the dishwasher. She refused to empty it, she refused to put things into it... which is weird, because one of the worst household chores is doing the dishes, so you'd think that having a nice, modern dishwasher would have made her happy.

She also refused to buy new packages of toilet paper if she used up the last roll. Seriously. She would go upstairs to her friend's place and use her toilet. Once, I decided I'd had enough, and I didn't buy any either (we lived across the street from a mall, so I would go there if I had to), just to see if she'd get the point. After four days of this, I finally caved in and bought some.

Roommates suck.

Actually, Brian, it was our new neighbours in #1.

As for the big bad boys in #3, I spoke with our Laughing Boy Gdanski about it. "Aren't they just a bunch of assholes?" was his thoughtful reply. But he got the mess moved.

I really don;t care what kind of mess people make inside their apartment but I shouldn;t have to trip over their garbage on the way out.

Oh and please move all those empty tubs of anal lube from your back balcony, Brian. The squirrels are fornicating loudly at night and they're interrupting my own silent night terrors.

I'll tell you a funny story to break the tension. My good friend for many years is living with 2 roommates in Toronto who are hardcore environmentalists. Composting of kitchen waste is par for the course, as it should be for all of us. But the girl who lives there refuses to use toilet paper, instead opting for what I'd call a "poo rag". What's curious is that they don't use any household cleaners (enviro-friendly or otherwise) and are very water conscious...so much so that they shower while standing in a plastic tub, and then use that water in the toilet.

Which makes me wonder how in the hell she cleans her poo rag?

Let me get this straight: You're frustrated with their behaviour, so you're looking for ways to change it, right?

*You* are trying to change *them*.

Aside from the obvious ethical and practical dilemmas here, you're outnumbered, you've already made your frustration known to them, and they don't seem to care. What makes you think they'd be willing to change their behaviour for your sake?

The only person you can change is you. Either move out or learn to like cleaning up after them.

in college i put all the dirty dishes(food still on the plates) and garbage right in my roommates bed under his covers!! he was pissed to say the least. he soon realized the rest of us were having to live in his private garbage dump and started to clean up after himself.

if that doesnt work i suggest rubbing your roommates face in it like an animal who shits on the floor.

i did the same thing. the roomate poisoned my rabbit after that. i'd move (seriously).

Leave the Sunshine to me!!

Do they drink all your juice? This was my other big issue! I would be all hung over, stumble down the stairs (passing my one roomate on the way), only to find my empty juice container sitting in the fridge - GRRRRR.

I don't get angry that often, but I ended up screaming at him - he started to learn.

When I started playing Mommy at the beginning -- I would cook for them. Then it turned into them waking me up at 4:00 AM - pretending something was wrong. I would get up..and they would look at me with puppy dog eyes "Leesy will you make us your mashed potatoes" -- URGH!!!