Jambands.ca

I'm no longer homeless!!!

Del

After months of couch surfing I finally have a place to call my own. The nice part is, it's not in Hull! I'm right in downtown Ottawa, corner of Bank and Cooper... It's only a room, but it's furnished (bed, chair, table, fridge, etc.), has free cable, and access to Rogers internet. It looks like things are finally turning around for me! I got a full time job, a place to stay, and some sweet local shows coming up. I hope to be moving in tomorrow after work. Yay for me! I'd also like to take a moment to give a HUGE thank you to all those people who helped me out along the way... Andre & Lynn, the 40 Main kids (Trevor, Stapes, Hux & Jaybone), Dave & Crystal, Velvet, Scott & Steph, meggo, Sloth and everyone else who gave me a place to crash, a ride somewhere, or words of encouragement. I promise I'll do something special for each and every one of you. I look forward to showing off the new place once I get settled. Cheers!

I got no hate on for Hull, but I did spend Tuesday over there looking for a place with no luck whatsoever... People in Hull aren't exactly friendly to those of us that don't speak french... That's why I made the comment about how it was good it wasn't in Hull... I don't think I would have been very happy there... Plus, I'm right downtown now, exactly where I wanted to live... Granted it's not my dream home or anything, but at least the location is good...

"Ou est the beer store from here?"

The answer everytime is... "Right Dare on Da Corner"

Del, we found only very few people that were impatient with anglos, most people are very nice and very english.

I swear you'd love it, mainly because of the beer accessibility. Oh1! and the pork products!

Del, we found only very few people that were impatient with anglos, most people are very nice and very english.

I swear you'd love it, mainly because of the beer accessibility. Oh1! and the pork products!

The beer angle was definately a selling point, but the number of hangups I got on the phone when I asked in english about apartments was enough to turn me off Hull for awhile. Like I said, I don't hate Hull, I just got the feeling I wasn't welcome there...