Jambands.ca

Random Acts of Kindness appreciation thread

Hux

In the spirit of meggo and Todd's posts, I was looking for The Grateful Dead Movie DVD around Ottawa last week, and was speaking to a former colleague and friend in Toronto about it, turns out she was out shopping on the weekend, found a copy, and is sending it to me - pretty sweet eh?

Anyone else have any RAK's to report? if not, DO ONE! :)

This didn't happen to me but remains my favourite ever.

My buddy was shovelling his driveway one winter morning. Two dudes in a VW Golf come tearing up next to him and jump out wearing balaclavas and carrying shovels. They then attacked his driveway with incredible zeal.

After the shovelling was done, they left him without saying a word...

...Moe-Ottawa...walking back from side street with Free range and Carla....hmm wheres Carla? Look back to see her pulling off her mittens and giving them to street lady....F.R. then tells me this isn't unusual...street people over Ottawa are adorned in Carlas winter gear....

Sweety pie. :) ::

This helps explain to me why it was love at first meeting when I met this bodascious couple at Canada day, 40 main.

The bus driver let us set our own fare on Saturday night coming back from Landsdowne Park. Considering my state, that was very kind of him. $2 for 2 passengers!!

We ain't so bad, are we!!!

I always liked the guy that used to bring me the odd coffee on the bus..."Hope you like double double sir!" Totally cool, and very appreciative!!! Wherever you are dude...Thanks!!!

Booche came home with flowers for me one day out of the blue. Oh wait...nope...I'm mistaken He thought about buying me flowers and then didn't. That would be a "Random THOUGHT of Kindess" and a "Random act of SUCKNESS" hahaha! :P

Ok, I have one - one day my brother's truck was stuck in the snow in the driveway and some guys stopped and helped push him out. ohhh...but then the guy came back 'cuz he lost his wedding band somewhere in the driveway. Never found it.

I'm not very good at this.

Ok...here's a nice story -- my mom found a diamond ring in a washing machine in the building she works in. She posted bulletins all over the building and even in the local newspaper. No one ever claimed it, so after 6 months she sold it and donated every last penny to charity. My mom rocks! She also randomly sends me funny newspaper clippings and pictures and adds little notes to them that make me giggle. She is one of the funniest people I know....and one of the nicest too.

Some people at work chipped in and bought me a Playstation One with Final Fantasy 7, for my birthday. Apparently I *must* play that game... I was in shock!

I like to do little random acts of kidness for strangers, whenever I see the chance. I know how nice it must feel when some total stranger who owes you nothing does something nice for you. And, it's a great feeling knowing that you gave someone else that feeling.

Pay it forward!

I'll send the first person to email me at trevor@jamaholic.com a copy of Antibalas 10-29-04.

- edit -

Sorry it's been claimed.

...Moe-Ottawa...walking back from side street with Free range and Carla....hmm wheres Carla? Look back to see her pulling off her mittens and giving them to street lady....F.R. then tells me this isn't unusual...street people over Ottawa are adorned in Carlas winter gear....

Sweety pie. :) ::

This helps explain to me why it was love at first meeting when I met this bodascious couple at Canada day, 40 main.

I just wanted to add (((Kev))) (((Carla)))....

I miss you guys!

Love,

Julia