Jambands.ca

Favourite Movie(s) of the Year

Patchoulia

It's okay for kids. The problem is that there's not a whole lot in it for adults..I think we've been spoiled by movies like Shrek that are hilarious for the whole family.

I was disappointed in Elf, because I love Will Ferrell. But kids would like it methinks.

That being said, I think my favourite Will Ferrell performance was in the movie "Dick" (damn fine satire, I highly recommend it).

There's a few, but none could hold a candle to City of God. That was one of the best films I've ever seen.

took the advice and rented this last night. i would echo those comments. awesome movie. the bonus feature on the dvd was intense. interviewing 13 and 14 year old boys who are drug dealers, crooked cops, the locals who have to deal with the drug war in the slums. I had no idea it was that bad in rio. a real eye opener for sure. great flic.

Having said that, I feel I *must* see "Elf"!

MarcO, I felt the same way. Will Farrell makes me laugh just looking at him. Please heed my advise and stay far, far away from this terrible, terrible movie.

It sucked so bad I now cry every time I see Will Farrell. He is dead to me.

Some people enjoyed it. If you walk into it realizing it's a children's movie, you might be better suited to handle it. I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best Will Farrell movie ever, but, it made me smile a few times.

Anchorman was pretty damn solid, though I think Napoleon Dynamite was my favourite comedy of the year.

I think my favourite film I've seen thus far was I heart Huckabees. However, as mentioned, Life Aquatic has yet to hit my eyes. Given that Tenenbaums is my favourite movie ever, I'm highly looking forward to Wes Anderson's new movie.

EDIT: Kill Bill 2 gets a special mention, even though it was released way early. A lot of people slagged this movie for its lack of action, but Michael Madsen and David Carradine *really* make up for it.

I gotta say I'm shocked that Overated Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is doing so well with all of you, but, then again, I'm Captain picky when it comes to movies.

EDIT: Kill Bill 2 gets a special mention, even though it was released way early. A lot of people slagged this movie for its lack of action, but Michael Madsen and David Carradine *really* make up for it.

It was the second half of a movie ... if people had bothered to check, there was plenty of action in the first half :) And while Madsen and Carradine were both awesome, I'd like to give mad phat props to Michael Parks for his brilliant and underrated performance as Esteban Hidalgo in Kill Bill 2 (he also played the sherrif in the first movie).

RnB

marcO, i think you would like elf. granted, i smoked a bit before watching it, but i freakin' LOVED that movie! it had me absolutely cackling with laughter through many parts of it, and the story is very, very sweet... as are many of the characters. it is a fun, silly, sweet christmas story. if you go into it expecting just that you will probably enjoy it.

each to their own though.... eternal sunshine got a big "eh" from me. i didn't think it was a BAD movie... and i did enjoy watching it... but i thought it was just okay, not fantastic.

i would buy elf over eternal sunshine in a second.

kill bill 2 was probably my favourite movie of the year. i didn't see all that many new releases this year though. :D